The last 6 months.

Discussion in 'Compliments' started by Chili, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Chili

Chili [7] Hero

This thread is dedicated to all the (yes seriously all...) staff of gumi EU.

I´d like to thank on behalf of my WA group for every single bit of released content over the last 6 months(+), the great story telling, the challenges and the insane amounts that have been put into all of the held events!

Return to the Badland´s

Starting off with the 3rd Badland´s season: Holy cow the units. But there´s more , we´ve got an immense pool of new and exclusive quests + hard and interesting content with new mechanics (hello gazo my old friend). This new episode had net us 2 f2p DE (Sesir&Blink) with both of them having pretty good skillsets and can be put to use over a wide area of quests. 2 legacies made their way back into our hearts with Plumatachi showing us how hitcount nuking is done and Gazolina reviving the bubblemeta. Who else was there? Jake was and Cobalt is. Jake is a perfectly fine nuker (unfortunately not featuring a double sbb) with a diverse and wide skillset (OD fill, Ailments, Ailmentdmg up, BB mod,...) but hasn´t really stood out in in comparison to other nukers. Cobalt, while seemingly off during release, has become the go-to leader for any hard content. His LS, Sphere, ES, ... are insane and had been insanely underrated (at least by me). Most players who have yet to be successful in summoning him are using him as a friend lead because of his immense tank abilities and his OD-fill + mitigation (with SP).

The 3rd anniversary

Next up was (if I remember correctly) the 3rd anniversary. Sadly for a hit in the face for anybody picking Plumatachi over Gazo as UoC as Viviane decided to do some twinkle-twinkle-little-star-stuff and straight up outclass Pluma with her APEX unit. 1 Apex done, 5 to go: Every Apex unit raised the level of their respective counterparts to completely new heights. Sheriff (of whom I had a pretty rough opinion at first... miti and crit like ugh duuuude) has become a fixed spot in every single squad of mine. Surt has set a new horizon for any BB-filler and has yet to be dethroned, the kaiser and "his" queen are still sorry. Gilgamesh provided some interesting insight into the seemingly forgotten story of the shapeshifters and Utheria mixed somehow? into the NeoAvalon universe, I for myself used them to beat Htiliht´s SZ and never touched them again (sadly). Before I go deeper into why they were dismissed from their royal duty, let me get to the last Apex and my personal favorite and longtime MVP since release: Auhlavez. This unit outclassed any previous ailment inflictor, put healing, revival, AI, bb fill on hit, you name it . Whenever you need a clutch revive -> Auhla SBB saves the day. Today I´ve managed to clear Enki´s SZ thanks to her as well. Whereas her story was lame and her quest was even worse, her kit and the manyfold quests where you can and should put her to use make up for any of the previously named flaws.

The dawn of the hunters - the dusk of royalty

Another prime example of gumi EU picking up European history and mixing it into their newly released batch. Robbespierre presumably rebelled against Magena and the other blue-blooded nobels. But his release meant death for another 2 of them: Utheria and Gilgamesh.
    Not only did he outclass their LS´s, he also took the best of both their SBB´s and unified them with an amazing animation and selfspark and waved them goodbye. Jeanne, the voices ...., they are telling me, that she fell prey to Rob as well as Utheria and Gilgamesh. Not much to say about her, her 5* kit is average and her DE kit is fine , unless you simply have a better alternative. Emily on the other hand is yet another overlooked (by me) mitigator. She became a weaker , but mitigating Surt and has fallen from the top after her SP bug got fixed. Nelson has become the new god of arena and colloseum and I´ve yet to encounter someone not complaining about my squad. That´s all about the hunters. What about the royals you ask?
    Well, we.did.it! Ninmah has seen a shorter time in the limelight than any as highly anticipated legacy DE ever before. Magena, Enki and Amadeus however got quite a huge amount of the aforementioned. With Magena and Amadeus causing a serverwide wave of complaint due to their ridiculously crappy skillsets (how? this is supposed to be tested beforehand) and Enki putting less experienced players on the bench, not even mentioning his SZ. The community held their heads up and eventually became successful with their wish of a rework of the bird and the ram who´ve become strong contenders for the best defensive LS ever since. Enki was a pest to farm, a pest that´s worth it. And we got Heinrich (TY Kazuo! <3). Love the unit and how it was announced!

Who did i forget? Cosette! The unit to clear and nuke the hell out of Enki´s fresh and disgustingly hard (this is a compliment btw) SZ. Outclassing the long-awaited and hyped Shion after 7 days (haha). Jokes aside. This unit is insane!

The Events

What about the events? We´ve got our hands the best (so far) arena spheres with Explosive Genoverse and the Nougat series. There were the Summer Weekends (please try to keep up with that!) and the After Hours (also great improvement over regular scheduled dungeons and standard jp stuff). We had a totally off farmfest hidden in a FFBE collab, thanks for the tickets and gems, but what the hell guys? Fresh content is still coming and I´m looking forward to our next farmfest featuring FairyTail!

Nothing to add from my/our side&perspective, we didn´t mind the server crashes at all, it has been a well received break from all the autobattling.

Thanks for the last 6 months! Keep going strong!
    Yours,
    MiMa, Florian, Tino, Saluma, Marwin, Midnight & Ibra

€1: Added the 7th Z-fighter
    €2: Marwin pointed out that I´ve had forgotten about Htilit. No. God. No. I actually forgot about the 1,5h grindfest that took place between 11pm and 0:30am right before the server reset. I´ve since shared my voice guide (pretty crappy one, but including all the relevant stuff) and used Htilit to great effects. She has taken a huge hit with the releases of Enki (double convert, hp buff, hits way harder) and Cosette (also hitting way harder, strong stat buffs and mana bubble). Why has she been pushed out of the spotlight tho? The major issue I see with her is the way we approach EU content right now. Method 1: nuke it -> she isn´t made for nuking. Way 2: Lose (the quest, your temper, battery life) there surely is a way to many of our newly designed content and there is a place for Htilit in all of it. However nuking has since proven itself as the most efficient method to pass hard quests and her major use is bulking up your units in terms of defensive capabilities. A lot of our nukers feature ATK/DEF buffs and converts -> Htilit can push these even further with her SBB`s elemental stat buff, but the additional numbers can´t make up for another DMG-dealer. They are fun for showing off and the manabubble may help you survive, but she´s not the only one to feature this stupidly strong buff.

@SilentEvo <3
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    SilentEvo, Heidenherz and Starkard like this.
  2. Starkard

Starkard [9] Master

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Faelan
    Opiochus
    Chloe
    Nice summary of the events. And a short overview over the units which also mirrors my impressions of them.

By the way are you legion? :tonguewink:
    And are you the Florian who is always in the Top in the Colloseum?
    tekno23 likes this.
  3. La Roca

La Roca Moderator of Holy Light

Friend ID:
    Level:
    +9000
    Leader(s):
    Arturo,Rozalia,Holia,Fina,Pluma,Gazolina,Azurai,Haile,....
    We are allses brotherses
  4. Chili

Chili [7] Hero

Sorry to disappoint you @Starkard I'm MiMa , Florian is a member of this holy group of ours :D
    Starkard likes this.
  5. Mishikasei

Mishikasei Moderator of the Flowers

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Yoshino-chan and Mishi mod.
    Nah it's Shion and Lucy or Amadeus
    Can change lead by request, just ask me.
    The Holy Pingus I don't know what name to give this group 6 I guess... but you need a 7th member to get 7 deadly potatoes D:

Jks aside, it's nice to see a compliment once in a while
  6. La Roca

La Roca Moderator of Holy Light

Friend ID:
    Level:
    +9000
    Leader(s):
    Arturo,Rozalia,Holia,Fina,Pluma,Gazolina,Azurai,Haile,....
    @Chili you are a nice person
  7. Chili

Chili [7] Hero

Ty @La Roca :)

@Mishikasei I've just realised that we are in fact 7 :o the last member isn't a very active one though . He's to busy playing Pokemon atm :).
    P.S.: 2 pingus, 3 tryhards/casual buyers(gotta get dem nukers xD) and 2 more or less inactive guys who are always in for discussions and the lulz/ obligatory trash talk when one is meeting/trashing another group member in arena/collo <3
    Starkard likes this.
  8. Heidenherz

Heidenherz [12] Almighty

Leader(s):
    Aleksandra
    You are searching for @tekno23 <- this one ^^
    tekno23 and Starkard like this.
  9. Chili

Chili [7] Hero

@SilentEvo reminded me that we´ve had this very rewarding multiple hours grind-lagfest called htilit SZ. Added it as well as our 7th Z-Fighter :D.
    SilentEvo likes this.