Poll #18 - Item Packs in the Shop

Discussion in 'Polls' started by gumi Elie, Jun 14, 2016.

?

What do you think of "Item Pack" Special Offers, the most recent addition to our Shop?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2016.
  1. 5/5 - Fantastic

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. 4/5

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. 3/5

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  4. 2/5

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  5. 1/5 - Awful

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  6. I am not interested in Special Offers like Item Packs.

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gumi Elie

gumi Elie English Community Manager Staff Member

Poll #13 - Item Packs in the Shop
    Question: What do you think of "Item Pack" Special Offers, the most recent addition to our Shop?

1) 5/5 - Fantastic
    2) 4/5
    3) 3/5
    4) 2/5
    5) 1/5 - Awful
    6) I am not interested in Special Offers like Item Packs.
    Feel free to leave feedback or suggestions below to explain your choice!
    Thanks for voicing your opinion!
    - The Brave Frontier RPG Team​
  2. Broekie-Chan

Broekie-Chan [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Cobalt
    Surt
    Ophi
    Could be better, tho they are nice ^^

How to make the item packs better
    * include a bit more gems in it +15 gems or something
    *reduce the price so poor people could buy it to ! (15%)
    *starter pack better units, elza can keep her spot as she is getting a 8* but it also needs to include a basic mitigator. Like dwarvanshel. (5*)
    * extra special offers , like reduced price for 24 hours around 20%
    * bigger variation of packs, i believe i made a thread kinda about it
  3. ChaoLan sama

ChaoLan sama [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    395+
    Leader(s):
    Dizzy (B)
    Ark L)
    Surt (B)
    Cloudiux likes this.
  4. TsunDerpe

TsunDerpe [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    anyone OP atm \o/
    Or like Shera. Wait I'm told Shera is in a starter pack :shocked:.
    Persecutor likes this.
  5. dam23

dam23 [6] Champion

2/5

The Starter and XXL packs are badly overpriced.
    Like, real badly.

The 25e pack featuring Zelnite is acceptable, although nothing to call home about.
    The 50e pack featuring Elza and Shera is overpriced and provides little value for the money.

At this point in the game, Elza, Zelnite and Shera are hopelessly outclassed.
    Even upon release of their 7s, they'll remain outclassed -although not for people beginning the game-
    The point is, in the long run, they're actually a bad investment.

For comparison, 50e is a newly released AAA game on steam or whatever platform you prefer.
    A game in which you do not subsequently have to invest more money in order to keep up with the new content.

As for the summon ticket packs, these are definitely OK and one would wish to see them much more frequently.
    I keep buying them in Global, and will continue doing so.
    In fact i wish I could purchase more of them.
    Cloudiux likes this.
  6. ARMwrestle

ARMwrestle [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    240+
    Leader(s):
    List coming soon tm
    I don't get this poll. Shouldn't sales speak for themselves?
  7. dam23

dam23 [6] Champion

Sales can highlight a problem.
    They do not indicate the actual cause.

Is the entry price too high ?
    Should there be lower tier packs to encourage new players to get into IAPing ?
    Is the content inadequate (wrong units, rewards) or does it merely feel like it has little value (not enough units, outclassed) ?
  8. Gholayat

Gholayat Warden Moderator

Friend ID:
    Level:
    370+
    Leader(s):
    Rose Empress Tora
    Fallen Morgana
    Radiant Virtue Fadahl
    Lance Champion Vernil
    I think the initial announcement, which had false info (someone forgot to mention the packs also have gems in them), caused a huge wave of negativity on the packs. Correcting the mistake only softened the blow but most of the damage had been done as players (sometimes even subconsciously) associate the packs with the negative impression they left in the first place.

Adding outdated units is just silly, but adding the top tier meta units is also not the way to go. I honestly think that the starters packs should NOT include a specific unit but some extra currency instead, and on top of it some form of "Inventory Upgrade Voucher" which helps them get some more unit/item space.
    Sucker and ChaoLan like this.
  9. ARMwrestle

ARMwrestle [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    240+
    Leader(s):
    List coming soon tm
    If you put a Zelnite in a pack at this stage of the game and ask for feedback I don't think the opinions you get will help you much. My point was if sales are in the gutter, perhaps putting some thoughts into the packs before this poll would have been worth the time?
  10. dam23

dam23 [6] Champion

Regarding the first, and the bit about damage already being done, have a free truism : you only get the one chance to make a first good impression

Regarding the second, and the bit about units in the packs, I believe a non-exclusive, 7-star capable unit would be more adequate to be honest.
    Getting units that one knows will be outclassed (if they bothered reading a bit of documentation prior to taking up the game) is a real dealbreaker.

I like the idea of an "inventory upgrade", for example a +x slots ; that would prevent players mistakenly burning all their gems on summons and then realizing they're stuffed.
  11. TickTock

TickTock [7] Hero

Ah the 8* thing lol. Yes They are not 8 Alim specifically stated this- most likely due to cases of Mifune skipping 7 we can assume others will down the line as well. Also typically numbered evolutions are Linear. 7* being the final form they had while alive. OE/DE/8* whatever you wish to call them I care not, but the fact is they are theorhetical evolutions for the most part. What if X did or didn't happen. What might they of done instead. so 8* while seems data lists them as such- easier coding i assume, They are not technically 8, stat wise 8 fits , 150 lv higher stats etc... but Alim did state very clearly they are NOT 8*.

8* does have the advantage of less confusion between JP/GL DE/OE abbreviation. but in Mifune's case calling him 8 makes one ASSUME he got a 7.

Back on to the topic about packs. Wile i've bought neither starter pack, Zelnite is a solid unit, He does have a 7* down the road albeit quite a while down the road. Zelnite +3 mermion keys(at 1 key a month this is tempting) +4 summons +some zel units, yeah over all an OK pack for its price, when Zelnite 7 lands it woudl be an awesome pack, how any might you spend trying to pull him?

XXL pack- Elza- great unit she has an OE in the distant future, Shera always a good unit but with Lafiel down the road and Capricorn now- she's less amazing. 6 trident keys- again noralyl you can get 1 per month unless you get lucky so great deal also. In a way your getting 12 summons out of the XXL packs plus a ton of merit, the normal pack gives 5 summons in a sense with a decent amount of merit. (how 12/5 10 from 50 gems in XXL + 2 guarenteed units = 12 which is like 60 gems basically. yes for a little more you can get 100 gems , but your missing out on the mermion keys, and all 20 summons would be total RNG. so its a trade off.
  12. Broekie-Chan

Broekie-Chan [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Cobalt
    Surt
    Ophi
    A long lost poll, lemme re awaken my salty spirit and say... YO STUPID, MATH & ECONOMICS DAWNT CIS LIKE DAT :D with better deals like cheaper prizes maybe this game doesn't have to close when BF 2 comes :3 and thats from a f2p guy who has NEVER bought here anything :0

Just take the special 38,99,- pack and reduce it to 30,- simple & more profit because people actually buy it. And overal on a scale of prizes and amount bought it will be less depressing.

Also, 22 mysteryfrogs for 69,99? Dam, pack from 38,99 grants 20 tickets and the mayority of 80% actually gets a rate up, but rex is 1/30 w almost double the prize not even the majority will get 1 rex unit, and its not EVEN dat Op. Reduce it to 19,99,- kek.

Also 99% sure that this thread is gonna be closed because this is the very heart of gumi so you know when critics are an polar oposite :) only know that i would recommend my "Harsh advice"

-broekie out! :soon: maybe a new rant or something kek.
  13. Mishikasei

Mishikasei Moderator of the Flowers

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Yoshino-chan and Mishi mod.
    Nah it's Shion and Lucy or Amadeus
    Can change lead by request, just ask me.
    Better to post your opinion as a new thread please. Necroposting is bad >.>

Thread closed.
: bfrpg, gumi elie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.