Participation Thread | Anniversary Contest #1 - Dungeon Background for The Convergence

Discussion in 'Contests' started by gumi Elie, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gumi Elie

gumi Elie English Community Manager Staff Member

English

This is the Participation Thread for "Anniversary Contest #1 - Dungeon Background for The Convergence". To read all details about the contest, click here!

Not respecting the Rules of Conduct of our forum, or any of the rules and requirements listed below, will disqualify your entry.

No discussion is allowed here.
    • Only ONE message per participant is allowed.
    • Only ONE entry per participant is allowed.
    • Include your Friend ID at the top of your message.

You are free to edit your message as many times as you like until June 4 2017, 10:00 CEST.

Good luck to all participants!
    - The Brave Frontier RPG Team​

Français

Ceci est le Sujet de Participation du "Concours d'Anniversaire #1 - Arrière-plan de Donjon pour la Convergence". Pour lire tous les détails du concours, cliquez ici !

Ne pas respecter les Règles de Conduite de notre Forum, ou une des règles ci-dessous, disqualifiera votre participation

Aucune discussion n'est autorisée ici.
    • Seulement UN message par participant est autorisé.
    • Seulement UNE participation par participant est autorisée.
    • Mettez votre ID en haut de votre message.

Vous êtes libre d'éditer votre message autant de fois que vous le souhaitez jusqu'au 4 Juin 2017, 10:00 CEST.

Bonne chance à tous les participants !
    - L'équipe de Brave Frontier RPG​

Italiano

Questa è la discussione in cui vanno inserite le proprie partecipazioni per "Concorso Anniversario #1: Sfondo per il Dungeon della Convergenza". Per leggere tutti i dettagli sul concorso, clicca qui!

Non rispettare le Regole di Condotta del nostro forum, o una qualunque delle regole e dei requisiti elencati di seguito, invaliderà la vostra partecipazione.

Nessuna discussione è permessa qui.
    • Solo UN messaggio per partecipante è permesso.
    • Solo UNA partecipazione per partecipante è permessa.
    • Includi la tua ID Giocatore in cima al tuo messaggio.

Sei libero di modificare il tuo messaggio quante volte vuoi fino al 4 giugno 2017, 10:00 CEST.

Buona fortuna a tutti i partecipanti!
    - Il Team di Brave Frontier RPG​

Deutsch

Dies ist der Teilnahme-Thread für "Wettbewerb zum Jahrestag #1 - Dungeon-Hintergrund für die Konvergenz". Um alle Details über den Wettbewerb zu erhalten, Klickt hier!

Nicht einhalten der Regeln des Forums, oder einer der unten aufgeführten Regeln, führt zur Disqualifikation.

• Es sind keine Diskussionen erlaubt in diesem Thread.
    • Nur EINE Nachricht pro Teilnehmer ist erlaubt.
    • Nur EIN Beitrag pro Teilnehmer ist erlaubt.
    • Eure Freund ID muss ganz oben in eurer Nachricht enthalten sein.

Ihr könnt eure Nachricht so oft bearbeiten wie ihr wollt, solange dies vor dem 4. Juni 2017, 10:00 CEST passiert.

Viel Glück für alle Teilnehmer!
    - Das Brave Frontier RPG Team​

Español

Este es el hilo de participación para "Concurso de aniversario #1 - Fondo de mazmorra para la convergencia". Para leer todo los detalles de este concurso, haced click aquí.

El no respetar las reglas de conducta del foro, o cualquiera de las reglas y requerimientos mencionados a continuación podrá descalificar vuestra participación.

No se permiten los comentarios en esta publicación.
    • Solo UN mensaje por participante.
    • Solo UNA participación por participante.
    • Incluid vuestro ID de amigo al principio de vuestro mensaje.

Podéis editar vuestro mensaje tantas veces como queráis hasta el 4 de julio de 2017 a las 10:00.

¡Buena suerte a todos los participantes!
    - El equipo de Brave Frontier RPG​
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2017
  2. Broekie-Chan

Broekie-Chan [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Gumi Yuki
    Placeholder Message.

What
    Is
    Love...
    Baby
    Don't
    Hurt
    Me....
    Don't
    Hurt
    Me...
    No more...

[​IMG]

I tried, no color. I be like... wait... may 25th OH ♥♥♥♥ I SHOULD HAVE MADE ART! so no color this time, also i am very ♥♥♥♥ty at drawing an the photo is upsidedown.

at least i hope you look more after Concept then quality, Unlike the gwenevere contest :lol:

IGN: Broekie
    ID: 45699456

Late nite Edit update (26 may)
    This artwork represents a castle slowly ripping appart. The castle has bin teleported by a intense force, because of it. Everything starts to fall appart en dematerialize bringing the rift on it's most unstable point. Dematerializing everything in exsitance that reaches the rift. That even brings our main enemy in a disturbing danger. Behind are two suns teleported due to random ifluxuations of portals & alot of stars far away. (Also tried to make a neutron star sucking up a planet but my drawing skills make it vague. Still :thumbsup:
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
    DarcFury and MarcGPkt like this.
  3. ttm14

ttm14 [5] Veteran

ID: 43351696 brave frontier.jpg
  4. DarcFury

DarcFury [8] Elite

Placeholder message
    Art comming soon

Some....
    Body..
    Ones
    Told
    Me
    The
    World
    Aint
    Gonna
    Roll
    Me
    Lolmaker likes this.
  5. Todesengel

Todesengel [7] Hero

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Friend ID: 71485807
    Brave Frontier Hintergrund fertig.jpg
    In the center is a huge crystal, from which go out quite a lot of chains, which one has seen in the previous adventures in the "rift". The chains keep the "rift" stable, connect different worlds that are powered by the crystal. However, the tearing off of chains causes more and more anomalies and the "rift" becomes unstable. This is the beginning of the "convergence". At the end of the path the player reaches the source / center of the "convergence": the "crystal sphere". Here he wants to investigate why the chains tear off and the order of the "rift" is in danger.
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Fulgrymm, Amanda_, Revang and 16 others like this.
  6. Ylliana

Ylliana [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    (L) Lucy +20% xp
    (A) Sakura Miku
    (B) Arthur
    (A) Lancelot
    Player name: Ylliana
    Player ID: 59745665

All in all, it didn't came too bad for a first timer. I think it still lacks some readability as I don't masterize the use of colors and atmospheric perspective (and standard perspective neither), but I hope the concept is kept understandable.

I'm still not really familiar with the software (most of the time I draw on paper, not digitally), so I almost never used the correct tools for the trade. Oftentimes I ended up merging my layers in one unique layer, and working everything as a single painting. The only exception were for the galaxy that I did before everything else. It stayed on it's own layer until the end. I had to paint, paint over, repaint over, and repaint over again sooo many times because I'm a digital painting brat who didn't used the tools at disposal. I did not use textures, everything is hand painted, and I only used a very few basic brushes.
    For those who may want to know, I didn't used Photoshop, but Clip Studio Paint that has a more "real thing" feeling, even if I find it quite difficult to get a grasp of how everything works.

It decided me to give some time to painting when I get the chance in order to improve a bit. Thus far the only painting I did was to color a few digital pieces when needed (like during the valentine contest), and it feeled awkward because I'm not used to it. I think I should really work on it. Digital media seems to give a lot of interresting possibilities for things I usually only draw on paper.

So here it is. A big vortex of energy is pulling every worlds by their chains, making them converge physically and be torn apart, and allowing from transfers from worlds to worlds.
    Ah, don't ask me how this vortex appeared, I do not work for Gumi, only them know how it works. That could be made by a machine, or by @gumi Elie when he was kept captive in the vortex (no, not the one I drew... the other one... where you die on challenges, you know !) ! But I'm on the case investigating.

Hope you guys like it !

Contest - 2017-05-17 - Brave Frontier - Convergence Background _ 006b_100.jpg

For the record, here are some WIPs
    Trust me or not, but creating environments and background is pretty new stuff to me, I never quite did it before, except for some houses while I was young and stupid. Now that I'm no longer young, It's time to embrace what remains and try to make a first background... for a contest, directly, duh !
    #ThugLife #ZizLife (y)

That's the way to go !!
    I heard "Do some thumbnails, it will be easier to see what works fine !"
    So I made some sketches on paper while carefully avoiding to actually "thumbnails" the full picture, as I never listen to what is told to me.
    But after a while, guess what, I went like "Oh snaps ! I forgot the foreground counts for no less than 50% of the picture. I'm not gonna put all these ideas in such a pic with only 50% free space remaining. Oh noes ! I have to restart all over again !"
    And then I decided that I could do some thumbnails. You know, to help keep proportions right. Really, they can't tell you from the start, that doing thumbnails is a good idea ?!
    Contest - 2017-05-17 - Brave Frontier - Convergence Background _ 001d.jpg
    Yeah, I know. I'm supposed to test really different compositions. That's what they tell you to do. But did I say already that I never listen to what is told ?
    As I really learn how to paint by actually trying to paint for the first time, it really takes tons of time for little progress of the piece. Unlike drawing, I'm not struggling to learn every bit, though. That's why I can learn by doing it, when, with drawing, I have to work and study really hard to make little to no progress over the years. Anyway, I had to give up on some ideas as it would be near impossible for me to implement them with my current skills.
    Contest - 2017-05-17 - Brave Frontier - Convergence Background _ 003h.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    Fulgrymm, Amanda_, Xaus and 2 others like this.
  7. bymanu88hotmail.it

bymanu88hotmail.it [8] Elite

ID 39414269
    IGN Sephirot
    Il mio disegno vuole rappresentare i vari mondi di brave frontier intrappolati nei cristalli e risucchiati nella convergenza, il buco nero. le varie griglie che li avvolgono sono prese dalla teoria dello spazio tempo e della sua distorsione.
    Lo so che vi sono parti di mappe già presenti nel gioco ma sono funzionali al mio concetto di base del disegno ed ho cercato usarle in maniera non significativa e molto velata

High resolution: http://imgur.com/yMIQqZ6

sfondo bf-01.jpg
    Last edited: May 27, 2017
    Mexiod and Béni de foudre happy like this.
  8. Xaus

Xaus [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    IGN Xaus
    id: 82549689

[​IMG]

The end of space & time
    space and time started to collapse due to chaos opera... it's the end of the universe? Or it's just a cosmic rebirth? (semicit.)

this is just a sketch... to give you the idea ^^
    updated _ the rift worlds aren't complete (badlands -> buildings and train aren't rusted, destoyed etc, valhalla -> yggdrasil isn't finished, roots aren't coloured and avalon -> the sword lack details)

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
    pJun likes this.
  9. Kirito14

Kirito14 [5] Veteran

ID:96705662

Attached Files:

10. pJun

pJun [2] Amateur

ID: 5611280 bf_background.jpg
    Tried to draw a town crashing down, a boat coming out of a rift, another rift with another world, stars (comets) falling down, a monster trapped in an amber-like ground, and doors (=vortex) communicating with other worlds.
    The town is located near the ocean hence the rain.
    The chains from the main door are creating the rifts and drawing the worlds closer.
    Fulgrymm, Amanda_, ByrtualX and 8 others like this.
  11. Suiko

Suiko [6] Champion

12. Horion

Horion [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Aucun spécifique
    Player name : Horion
    Player ID :67997538

[​IMG]The gate which hold the rift in place is broken, rift is going to explode.
    (Sorry for my bad enlish)
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
  13. Ordin

Ordin A ex proud Swiss Mod!

Friend ID:
    Level:
    5XX
    Leader(s):
    What I want
    IGN: Ordin
    ID: 47457802

The bridge represent the way to the Valhalla.
    The breaking miror, well, obvious no ? :)
    The rail with the sand represent the BL univers. The rail's form is irregular due to the convergence,
    The flotting island is from NeoAvalon.
    The star form a snake for Ophiuchus (Zodiac).
    The phenix spirit for SS (I don't really know what else than spirit can represent SS except unit :/).
    I will probably add some weather for the final background, like snow, thunder, magma, ... :)

[​IMG]
  14. Esmirchik

Esmirchik [1] Rookie

Player name:Хозяйн
    ID:8287732 DWh_-Yb_69g.jpg
  15. Baerchen

Baerchen [7] Hero

Name: Baerli
    ID: 31771052
    [​IMG]

Still needs some worok though

This is supposed to be the library where Fenrir and the Overseer usualy are. See me entry for the unit.
  16. Neechan

Neechan [6] Champion

Name: Martina
    Id:30161864
    [​IMG]

Zappys secret dungeon, this refers to my unit entry
  17. Septo Karma

Septo Karma [5] Veteran

Friend ID:
    Leader(s):
    Armadura Granizo Reeze
    fondo.jpg
    ID: 69193797
  18. DepeTrax511

DepeTrax511 [3] Experienced

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Roaring Thunder Viktor
    ID: 76792062
    fondo paula.jpg
  19. Iyad

Iyad [4] Skilled

ID: 71341626
    artwork finish

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  20. AmeliaWinter

AmeliaWinter [4] Skilled

IGN: Rory
    ID: 25056600

My arwork wants to show how an apparently peaceful snowy city can be torn apart by realities collapsing and converging, as the sky breaks down like a mirror only to show the very same city engulfed in flames.

Full res (external link to imgur.com)
    Convergence.png
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    stonebird, Iteuop and DepeTrax511 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.