Opinions on the upcoming Avant batch.

Discussion in 'Future Content' started by Biohazard, Jun 28, 2016.

?

Will you be going ham on the Avant batch

  1. Yay!

    75.0%
  2. Ney.

    25.0%
  1. Haxxxxx

    Haxxxxx [8] Elite

    Offline
    Messages:
    376
    Likes Received:
    149
    Level:
    197
    Leader(s):
    Arthur 7*
    Cornelius 7*
    Heinrich 7*
    Magena 7*
    Yggdrasil 7*
    Used her in the new trials and ggc, put some bb spheres on magena and capri is broken. Everyone suddenly has infinite sbb and 20% miti for 2 turns. Hell you can even take someone else instead of magena, if your team has status null/removal and is tanky enough.
  2. izzy

    izzy [10] Legend

    Offline
    Messages:
    673
    Likes Received:
    317
    This trial wasnt even hard. I neither used capri nor magena at all here.. So yeah.
    But as I said, ur missing the mitigation on those threshoulds. Since its not hard at all, just sickness-reliable, u can totally skip that mitigation buff totally. ;)
    Its a good LS, not questionable, but its not that flawless as u praising it
  3. Haxxxxx

    Haxxxxx [8] Elite

    Offline
    Messages:
    376
    Likes Received:
    149
    Level:
    197
    Leader(s):
    Arthur 7*
    Cornelius 7*
    Heinrich 7*
    Magena 7*
    Yggdrasil 7*
    Content being easy isn't detrimental to the opness that is her LS. Instafill bb is op any way you look at it
  4. izzy

    izzy [10] Legend

    Offline
    Messages:
    673
    Likes Received:
    317
    Dont u get it, that im critizising the mitigation part, not the bb managing?
  5. Mirage

    Mirage Moderator

    Offline
    Messages:
    1,448
    Likes Received:
    607
    Friend ID:
    15568431
    Level:
    4xx
    Leader(s):
    BC Leaders and Stat Leaders.
    So basically Avant Duel Lead is not recommended but pairing him up with Aries will?
    Been hearing plenty of people say Aries UBB > Avant UBB.
    Though I'm glad to see that my own thought process was similar to yours in that you're doing FH with a team and yes Aries UBB can give a huge score but if the entire team overall scores better it should be better if you have a decent equipped team!
    How does Charla work for people who use Shida or don't have Saggitarius?
    How would Charla's kit work with for instance Avant in a squad.
    I mean I'm liking the 100% spark damage and 75% damage, whats not to like but I'm wondering if she is AS effective or HOW effective she will be without Saggitarius (because you're not necessairly relying on that BC^Spark for BC gen)

    Still good if you don't have like a Libra or does Charla > Chrome for that matter?

    --Message is being weird but you get the picture xD
  6. Haxxxxx

    Haxxxxx [8] Elite

    Offline
    Messages:
    376
    Likes Received:
    149
    Level:
    197
    Leader(s):
    Arthur 7*
    Cornelius 7*
    Heinrich 7*
    Magena 7*
    Yggdrasil 7*
    Thia whole thing started with me saying capri>libra (because of bc managment) and then you said they were diferent slots (you forgot capri was secretly a bb managment unit like libra). Then you start talking bout her LS miti lol, idgaf about that, try sticking to the point yourself.
    Even if capri ls was only the bb part where she turns all your units into arthur (infinite sbb) it would still be broken.
    Capri is bb capri is life.
  7. izzy

    izzy [10] Legend

    Offline
    Messages:
    673
    Likes Received:
    317
    They do NOT share the same slot !
    Forcing u to use her on the leaderspot isnt the same spot as using as a sub unit at all ! And due to that you have to take the whole LS into account, not only the bb management. And its pretty expensive to waste an entire LS slot for bb management, which can easily be fit with Libra + some hybrid with bb^atkd (like Paris soon)

    Avant duel Lead is still fine. We can see on JP/GL how things worked out. But EU got better variants. Actually Avants UBB is stronger when u looking at it isolated, but we cant for FH terms. The only good damage leads EU has, are crit damage up LS. We would be missing an pure EWD+Spark dmg combination (What I actually expected from Chibi 7* to be :/ ). Right now we're on 450/700 crit dmg due to LS, using a crit dmg UBB would right now be useful for 250/300 crit dmg up BUT we still got spheres, even 2 ultra strong ones more after the last FH. So all in all we got Jacks Soul, Excalibur, Immaculate, Medblare as SSS-Dmg Spheres for FH. We would deny all of them due using a team buffing crit dmg UBB. Thats where Aries UBB comes in handy. We dont have to put the crit dmg spheres upon him cuz he got his own buff (Mvp combination is Newana/Scarlet Pin +Sacred axe for the UBB using one).
    By that conclusion duo-Avant lead isnt the best one, because none of Avants bb/sbb are worth stacking, due to the fact that not doing much damage theirselves.

    Charla is another option for guard-frontier. She's not picked for the spark damage, since all EU units got spark buffs somehow, neither u pick Sagittarius for the bc generation. Mainly u use charla for having a crit chance+crit dmg buff alongside with the bb management.
    But I realized yesterday, that its kinda hard to fill UBB's cost more than 24BC (Avant has 25, Aries 26 cost).
    With Charla ur still more flexible to use ur order, because u dont have to sacrifice a crit chance buffer in the beginning (Arthur+Scorpion had an awful atk animation for being used at first).
    U can still use Shida+Charla (Definately not taking Magena then!) as you can see in this Video. But then u have to make sure to have Shida's SBB fully charged on the turn u launch ur SBB's, he provides a pretty well spark carpet.
    Sagittarius is just strong, due to his EWD buff. But in 6'ish waves we just have 1 unit to have the effective EWD against 1 enemy. So its not boosting the damage as much as it could against non-existing mono waves. With Charla Sagittarius u can just use ur Sagittarius first to provide all elements + EWD and not either having no crit buff on Sagittarius or having no elemental buff on the crit chance buffer, alongside with magena being actually useless in Sagittarius teams except for the bb management.

    Libra's SBB is 90% spark dmg, 80% curse, 1-2 bb gauge ^spark (100%), 25% Aries buff vs Chrome: 80% Spark, 25% chance on 25% Spark vulnerability 1-2 bb gauge ^spark (50%), 75% Dark EWD.
    Ur taking Libra for the BB Management on SBB-Spamming teams. You CAN take Chrome for that slot, but hes just half as effective as Libra. He is still useful in worst case scenarios, but hes far from optimum.
    Charla just has direct bb gauge + gradual bb gauge, not enough to manage an entire team and clashes completly with magena on that


    Gosh, did text way too much again :S
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  8. Haxxxxx

    Haxxxxx [8] Elite

    Offline
    Messages:
    376
    Likes Received:
    149
    Level:
    197
    Leader(s):
    Arthur 7*
    Cornelius 7*
    Heinrich 7*
    Magena 7*
    Yggdrasil 7*
    @izzy
    Right a LS that gives 20 miti after 1st turn and infinite sbb for everyone is not op
  9. Arioch

    Arioch [10] Legend

    Offline
    Messages:
    813
    Likes Received:
    275
    Friend ID:
    69450288
    Level:
    400+
    Leader(s):
    Magena, Llewxam, Heinrich, Yggdrasil
    I don't know why you are talking about Capricorn on an Avant's post. But, no it's not. Just because it's not an unconditional 20% mitigation and it's not an infinite bb.
    As people said before, everything applies only when the unit deals more than 10000 damage. Quite easy for some units. But what happens with the likes of Magena and Elimo? Or the turns you need to guard with every unit? This LS fails when you have the greatest need of it.
    And about the bb management, on hard content I say: no bb fill on hit, no party. Filling bb on your own turn is quite easy with any leader. But bb drain will ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ if you don't have bb fill on hit.
  10. Haxxxxx

    Haxxxxx [8] Elite

    Offline
    Messages:
    376
    Likes Received:
    149
    Level:
    197
    Leader(s):
    Arthur 7*
    Cornelius 7*
    Heinrich 7*
    Magena 7*
    Yggdrasil 7*
    Have you ever heard of spheres?
  11. Arioch

    Arioch [10] Legend

    Offline
    Messages:
    813
    Likes Received:
    275
    Friend ID:
    69450288
    Level:
    400+
    Leader(s):
    Magena, Llewxam, Heinrich, Yggdrasil
    Of course. Have you ever used them?
  12. broekie

    broekie [10] Legend

    Offline
    Messages:
    1,072
    Likes Received:
    261
    Friend ID:
    45699456
    Level:
    280
    Leader(s):
    Avant Omni evolution
    Capricorn
    Arthur
    Whoa:thumbsup::eek:
  13. Haxxxxx

    Haxxxxx [8] Elite

    Offline
    Messages:
    376
    Likes Received:
    149
    Level:
    197
    Leader(s):
    Arthur 7*
    Cornelius 7*
    Heinrich 7*
    Magena 7*
    Yggdrasil 7*
    Not sure why'd you imply I don't use spheres but k.
    Btw why would you use capricorn with elimo, 2 miti? Also capricorn works wonders with a magena, as you still need a mitigator and capri+magena combo gives you tons of mitigation and all the bb you need (magena insta fill, fill per turn and bb when hit), in case you do indeed get bb whiped.
    A potent stone in magena is all you need to get her spamming every turn.
    So yeah a mitigator that gives you extra miti, offensive boosts, packs a punch and instafills everyone (that attacks) bb gauge fully vs enemies with mitigation and even 100% bc drop resist is pretty strong in my books. I have capri and libra, I take capri over libra everyday for bb managment.
    During gradowens trial was able to spam shields every turn, that with the def buffs I had and all the stacking mitigation made it impossible for grah or owen to be able to make it through my shields. The one that got closest to dying was magena cuz light unit and they got her once to 2/3 hp.

Share This Page