Opinions on the upcoming Avant batch.

Discussion in 'Future Content' started by Biohazard, Jun 28, 2016.

?

Will you be going ham on the Avant batch

1. Yay!

75.0%
  2. Ney.

25.0%
  1. Biohazard

Biohazard [6] Champion

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    omni Waifu MAXED
    Hey guys,
    So I made this thread to check your opinions on the upcoming batch featuring Avant, Dolk and some other guys.
    The main questions I want to ask are:

Q1:Will you be trying to summon these guys?
    Q2:Do you think that with all the strong exclusives we've been getting these guys are going to be obsolete?

Personally I am going to try and summon at least Avant even if he ends up being unused just because he is one of my favorite units of all time and *cough*...omni...*cough*. Any other comments on the topic apart from the two above mentioned questions will be greatly apreciated (no preassure).
    Raziel likes this.
  2. izzy

izzy [10] Legend

Dont underrate this batch..
    There are still some niches we dont fit.

Avant:
    • I have to admit, that im not sure on which Level Avant currently stands. His LS (30hp/150crit dmg/70 spark dmg/100 bb atk) is more or less as strong as chibi maxwell's ones. Chibi shines against mono dark/light opponents with her EWD, but on 6 enemy stages (concerning FH/FG) Avants LS is still stronger.
    • The sad thing is, that his SBB is rather disappointing (15 hp->atk/200 bb atk/25-25 spark vuln) and I doubt we will see double Avant teams through this. I guess people gonna run Avant/Aries combinations for such damage farm content.
    • Im not sure how strong Avants UBB (22 hits/1200%+800%/300 crit dmg/300 bb atk/100 spark dmg) is compaired to Aries ones (1000%+1500%/300 crit dmg self/150 spark dmg/100-50 spark vuln). But i could imagine running Avants UBB might help our current problem of lacking a spark carpet for Aries UBB. In the long run its no more all about Aries UBB, its about the entire team. Which increases Arthurs burst rages potential aswell.
    • He wont be a must-have unit for now, so people can still skip summoning mainly for Avant, since I dont think we will see duo-Avant leads (except for Mono Fire-FG). Many friends will have Avant set up when we have FH-days or finally FG released, and its fine when ur putting ur own Aries as lead. Due to the fact that Avant is getting an OE one day (far ♥♥♥uuuuture), its still fine to have an Avant. But since his evolution is still far away, people might summon him some day between his OE and this release. That's why I will keep focusing on Dolk+Charla, and will skip Avant if Dolk+Charla will be in one RU. (SS)
    Lune:
    • Not gonna mention much about her, was she even any popular on the other versions? Guess not.. (LS: 80% atk + 2 turn 100% bb atk ^ dmg dealt: 10k/ dmg received 10k + Fire EWD 125%) / (SBB: def ignore/ Fire+Water EWD 125% / 70% spark)
    • Only thing she might be useful for, are mono water teams (e.g. FG Water)
    • Not worth pulling (imo) (B)
    Rahgan:
    • His LS (80% atk/ 7bb^normal attack/+1 hit (100% dmg)) is definately the strongest one for Arena. While Leo has +100% atk limited to fire/light units his extra hits only do 50% dmg. The direct bb gauge from Rahgans LS is more or less on par with the 50% fill rate, since both should ensure u having 5/5 SBB up on turn 2. All in all Rahgans LS is stronger due to the 100% dmg on the +1 hitcount and especially the non elemental restriction, which lets our Queen Selena and King Cornelius shine again.
    • His ES is an unconditional +1 hitcount, which ensures that even dupes are not recommended to be salvaged for merits. He can even be used as a sub unit in Arena.
    • His BB/SBB/UBB are based on hitcount +1 / DoT while the SBB additionally gots a consecutive usage (weird synergy for hitcount+1 buffing SBB) and a def->atk conversion.
      When playing for hitcount teams in Quests/Trials/Uc/WhatEverist, hes not worth using. Leo is definately much better for those situations, since he's also very slot efficient and got the strongest hitcount UBB on EU so far.
    • All in all people may still be happy with Rahgan, since he'll be dominating arena for quite a long time.. But well, actually there's no big challenge for Arena. Even our current leads (Leo/Cornelius) are good 'enough' for winning arena fights without any trouble.. (S)
    Charla:
    • I'm just curious, why there are so many posts out there these days saying "we got exclusives/zodiacs, we dont need avants batch!!!!!". Godddamnit, this Charla is a beast.
    • Her LS (40%HP&DEF/15% bc drop rate/30% bb fillrate/2-4 bc^atkd) is quite a good LS, but yeah.. EU got Magena, Charla wont be used many times for her LS.
    • Her BB offers direct bb gauge (4) / a direct heal (2700-3000 + 132% rec) / a HoT (2500-3000+15% rec) / gradual bb gauge (7) / curing ailments (all together on cheap 22 cost) // while her SBB (+18 bc cost) got 100% spark dmg / 60% crit chance / 75% crit dmg / direct bb gauge (6) / 1-3 bc ^ spark.
      Taking a look at those 2 skills, its obviously that she'll be a must have for FH quite a long time. Since we did use Magena + Crit buffer combination quite a long time, Charla+Sagittarius are outclassing this combination in actually every aspect. Even in other non-crit resistent content, she still is able to take the role as bb manager by gradual + healer + crit buffer + status removal.
    • She doesnt even need a status removal sphere, thanks to her ES. Due to her ES she's even great for the harder contents thresholds. Her angel idol ES + direct heal on her BB, are fitting well together for healing into thresholds or specific aoe dmg turns.
    • She'll be my goal for the summons :P (SS)
    Chrome :
    • hardly outclassed by Libra, sadly cuz double scythes are looking phenomenal ! :D (B)
    Dolk :
    • Dont even know why people are saying, that Dolk is outclassed? Imo he's very underrated, especially concerning EU Exclusive content..
    • His LS (35% all stats / neglates elemental dmg) is a very strong defensive LS and the perfect combination with Magena for harder content. Taking a look at EU exclusive content, just like the EX-Valhalla Bonus we got released last week or just the other final UC missions, we got 6 stages maining 1 elemental on each. There is no way to avoid elemental dmg except of putting neglation spheres on every unit. Imo this LS is one of the strongest LS for such content, since we dont have any elemental neglation buff neither im a fan of lafdranya tbh..
    • Only sad thing is, that when we're using his LS, his ES (Crit/Elemental dmg neglation + bc/hc on bb/sbb) is partly denied. But well.. It could be worse (hi mordred not having an ES without the almighty morgana)
    • Taking a look at his BB/SBB we got 2 very sexy combinations which potential fully unlocks with rotating between those 2. Both are mitigation skills while his BB additionally gets a 130% def buff + status removal whereas his SBB got atk/def/rec reduction neglation + 35%atk->def buff.
      Right now when we were looking at a defense buffer we actually had to go for either Elimo or Heinrich or sometimes people were even using Nadore for her tri120% buff. But with Dolk we got another mighty candidate taking the def-buff slot.
    • All in all he's also more than just worth pulling (SS)

Charla, Dolk and Avant should be the targets.
    Dayum I did write way too much..
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    Mirage, Bruni, Sucker and 2 others like this.
  3. Raziel

Raziel [7] Hero

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Avant
    Julia
    Krantz
    I will summon a few times, trying to get Avant and Chrome (even thought we got many spark-buffers with those exclusives(but I really like Chrome :laughing:)) (Dork is also quite decent I guess).
    How many times I will summon highly depends on wether or not there will be a step-up event or anything (but I really doubt that this will happen). If there won't be an event, I'll summon up to 3 times, if there's gonna be a event up to 5 times.
    (But maybe I'll change my mind, after
    @izzy 's preview xD)
    Biohazard likes this.
  4. izzy

izzy [10] Legend

done :P
    Raziel likes this.
  5. Raziel

Raziel [7] Hero

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Avant
    Julia
    Krantz
    Guess I'll be summoning for Charla too :thumbsup:
    But I'll probably stay with 3-5 summons (gem shortage :sweatsmile::sob::gem:)
    (Also, even though Chrome is terribly outclassed, still gonna hope that I'll get him :tongue:)
    Biohazard likes this.
  6. Biohazard

Biohazard [6] Champion

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    omni Waifu MAXED
    I agree completely with what you say. I also never intented to sound like I underestimated this batch, I wanted to sound neutral with a little possitive bias. But as I said, completely agree.

The only point that is extremely subjective is the one where you compare llewxaM to Avant, since llewxaM is impossible to acquire for "newer" players (like me). I don't really count her existence as a negative towards Avant. (Just a small clarification)
  7. izzy

izzy [10] Legend

My critcism of those posts wasnt directed to you at all, you did indeed sound very neutral. I was talking about such posts.
    But I guess u got friends to use? When FH was active I had like 15 chibi maxwell friends to choose.. So they still exist! I compared them, because u wont go for duo Avant nor duo chibi leads. U either go for Avant+Chibi / Avant + Aries / Chibi + Aries. Since Aries SBB > Avant SBB and 2 Chibi SBB's are useless. So you can definately compare Avant with Chibi (LS-wise). And honestly, I dont own a chibi maxwell myself neither :P
    Biohazard likes this.
  8. dam23

dam23 [6] Champion

Thanks @izzy for the review.

By the way, I don't want to sound pedantic or condescending, however :
    hardly outclassed by Libra
    This sentence here means that Chrome is nowhere near being outclassed by Libra, making Chrome the (far) superior unit.
    I'm going to assume you meant "Outclassed hard by Libra" instead.

Edit: oh and it's written "Nay", not "Ney" ;)

Summons :
    3* kikuri
    4* zelban
    4* lilith
    4* garnan
    5* Lune (B)
    6* ivris
    4* darvanshel
    4* yujeh
    4* belfura
    4* arius
    4* ahvel
    5* Dolk (O)
    5* Avant (A)

13 summons, 65 gems, ~35e with the current promotion.
    Still rather expensive for a mobile game but well...
  9. izzy

izzy [10] Legend

Ehm, Libra >>> Chrome by far.
    Isnt that what outclassed by means? :P
    My summons were ♥♥♥♥ aswell.. Did summon 10 times because I wanted Dolk so bad. Didnt get him but got Avant.. Not what i was looking for, but better than nothing
  10. Haxxxxx

Haxxxxx [8] Elite

Level:
    Leader(s):
    Arthur Omni
    Juno-Seto Omni
    Ensa-Taya Omni
    Magena 7*
    Lancelot Omni
    Santa 6*
    Lucy Omni
    All FFBE Omni
    Capricorn>>>>>>libra though
  11. izzy

izzy [10] Legend

yeah cuz they literally share the same slots :confused:
  12. Haxxxxx

Haxxxxx [8] Elite

Level:
    Leader(s):
    Arthur Omni
    Juno-Seto Omni
    Ensa-Taya Omni
    Magena 7*
    Lancelot Omni
    Santa 6*
    Lucy Omni
    All FFBE Omni
    Regarding to bb managment, yes. Capri team bb managment is hidden op, she makes everyone an infinite bber, even with 100% bb drop resist.
  13. Broekie-Chan

Broekie-Chan [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Avant Omni evolution
    Capricorn
    Arthur
    Yes but you don,t get an hp/def boost but instead a 20% dmg reduction that is a bit worse than 30% boost :( . Still goemi, don,t fix it.
  14. Broekie-Chan

Broekie-Chan [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Avant Omni evolution
    Capricorn
    Arthur
    Ranking Avant batch.

Avant
    Leaderskill: OP+ the only reason you want avant.

Bb/sbb: A+ completely outcassed but still as a F2P user still usefull.

UBB: A++ very usefull but its outclassed long long ago.

Extra skill:A+ very good boost & nice damage upgrade but still not that good comparing it with the Zodiacs

Stats: A. Good atk but the rest is kinda meh.
    Conclusion: summon it cuz 8* :soon:

Lune
    leaderskill: B very bad leaderskill tho might be usefull for some quest /UC

Bb/sbb: A badly outclassed by sigitarius

UBB: B+ guess usefull for some quest/UC

Extra skill: A++ very good makes unit much more usefull but really, this unit is sh#t

Stats: B+ very low.
    conclusion: pray Rng you don,t get this unit

Dolk /Dank
    Leaderskill: S. But you all know who is betrer huh? Magena /sign...^^

Bb/sbb: S bb is very good and clashes with Krantz. Sbb good also but really... only really good for some trials that give atk down.

UBB: A+ but we have... magena...

Extra skill: A+ very good but most challenging content has bc resist. Tho the rest is good tho. Makes the mitigator more tanky kinda.

Stats: A. Very averige, zodiac much better
    conclusion: Summon it if ya want.

Rahgan
    Leaderskill: B, very limited for content but you really are going to need it in any arena content

Bb/sbb: B+ really not that good at all. We have plumatchi

UBB: C+ Nothing really good about it.

Extraskill: B+ makes him even better in Arena, but very limited.

Stats: A+ most balanced yet in this batch.
    Conclusion: Summon if you don, have Leo.

Thats it for now. Took me way to long
  15. Haxxxxx

Haxxxxx [8] Elite

Level:
    Leader(s):
    Arthur Omni
    Juno-Seto Omni
    Ensa-Taya Omni
    Magena 7*
    Lancelot Omni
    Santa 6*
    Lucy Omni
    All FFBE Omni
    @broekie
    Please tell me how 20% mitigation (highest LS miti ig) is a bit worse than 30% hp for hard content (especially with % hp attacks)
  16. dgames

dgames [9] Master

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Rahgan LS +1hit is 50% same as leo
  17. Broekie-Chan

Broekie-Chan [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Avant Omni evolution
    Capricorn
    Arthur
    Eh... well... you got a point there.
    But still all hp attacks will still kill you. Even with double capricorn
  18. Biohazard

Biohazard [6] Champion

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    omni Waifu MAXED
    Ah yes, sorry about that, kind of a derp from my part.

As for the batch itself, my hype quickly turned into a kind of depression when the game decided to annihilate me completely by giving me like 3 Kikuris, 2 Golems and some other golden gate dupes. Oh well, at least I got Lune(O). (Sarcasm intented)

I swear some times I want to bash my head on a wall because of the rng that I get...
  19. Haxxxxx

Haxxxxx [8] Elite

Level:
    Leader(s):
    Arthur Omni
    Juno-Seto Omni
    Ensa-Taya Omni
    Magena 7*
    Lancelot Omni
    Santa 6*
    Lucy Omni
    All FFBE Omni
    Dunno bout you but I find mitigation usefull af vs % hp attacks. Also the point I made was about capri being a godly bb manager compared to libra or anything else really, despite the fact that capri was supposed to be an offensive mitigator.
  20. izzy

izzy [10] Legend

I think u dont got it in Detail..
    Its Not only capris 10 direkt bb gauge which is restricted to the 10k dmg, its also the 20% mitigation. It's additionally a 2 turn Buff.
    This means non Attacking units like elimo/charla/magena do NEVER benefit from the LS, neither the bb Management nor the mitigation. Additionally There are contents that got multiple turns of high dmg mitigation on bosses where u wont be dealing 10k for turns.
    Last but Not least we got mirror maps. They got the first hit which is hard in most cases (hi mordred), so we are Missing the buff all over again.
    This LS is overrated cuz its not flawless

@broekie , ur 2nd review on this batch is purely ♥♥♥♥ again, stopped after reading avants Review. Just Stick to Mine and please stop doing Public advices when ur having no real clue. No offense but people might eventually really follow ur misguiding advices

Edit: LOL DOLKS REVIEW HAHAHAHAHAHAHA