Sticky Live Q&A Session | September 20 2016 | About upcoming Game Balance fixes

Discussion in 'News' started by gumi Elie, Sep 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gumi Elie

gumi Elie English Community Manager Staff Member

Live Q&A Session | September 20 2016
    About upcoming Game Balance fixes

After yesterday's announcement concerning upcoming Game Balance fixes, we are sure you have many questions for us, which is why we'll be around today to answer them!

• When? September 20 2016, from 17:00 CEST to 18:00 CEST!
    • With who? gumi Florian and gumi Katai from the Game Design department.

Simply ask your questions in this thread, and these gentlemen will reply during the hour we'll be running this Live Q&A Session. We kindly ask you to publish your questions in English, and to stay on today's topic, so that both gumi Florian and gumi Katai can reply to as many questions as possible.

When the Live Q&A Session is over, this thread will be locked and all Questions & Answers will be moved on a separate Answers thread so that they can be easily viewed and discussed.

We'd like to emphasize on how important such an opportunity is to us. While we're busy working behind the scenes to bring you a satisfying game experience, we know it's important to make time for all our players so they can share their views and ask us questions. We're looking forward to it!

Thank you for your passion, Summoners!

- The Brave Frontier RPG Team​
  2. gumi Elie

gumi Elie English Community Manager Staff Member

It's time! Ask away, Summoners!
  3. Disapo

Disapo [7] Hero

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    1) Snow Miku 2) Cosette 3) Olga 4) Zeruiah 5) Shion 6) Ramlethal 7) Natsu 8) Nelson 9) Baiken 10) Lucy
    Kind day/evening, it would be desirable to ask couple of questions concerning new changes, and so we will begin:

1) "Mana Shield buff - Mitigation buffs will no longer protect a Mana Shield buff's HP when it is taking damage" Whether there will be a leader ability will extend to Mana Shield buff? As an example the ability Cardesa, Magena, Grahdens and others; After the end of action of ability Mana Shield, Mitigation buffs will work? If Mana Shield buff becomes weaker, heroes about it ability will change?

2) "Buff wiping", What sense then from this ability? It isn't simpler to clean then this ability? Or to replace it with what that standing? Example: "75% Fire, Water, Earth, Thunder elemental damage reduction for 3 turns", "75% damage reduction and damage taken enormously boosts BB gauge for 3 turns", " Recovers HP for all allies for 3 turns, negates all status ailments, reduces damage taken by 75% & boosts BB gauge when attacked", "heals HP fully to all allies & all damage received is reduced to 1 for 1 turn" and many other things?

3) "Spheres" - Why to do them is weaker if it is possible to make as Global "30% Atk and Def", "30% HP and REC" or "30% HP and Atk" and others? If you want to weaken spheres, then completely change them. I don't think that with a release of the main content many will refuse such Spheres: War Demon's Blade, Beiorg's Armor, Blazing Fists, Armor of Seals, Occult Treasure, Demon Igniter, Leto Crown, Versatile Device, Phantom Device and other.

Also there is a wish to remind, the current problems were noticed long ago, but only now decided to eliminate them. We haven't forgotten how You raised the value of units and still not lowered it. Don't want to be upset, but you have made too many mistakes.

P.s. Please forgive me my bad English =(
  4. Solarance

Solarance English Wiki Bureaucrat

Friend ID:
    Level:
    383+
    How long has this choice been in the works?
  5. nathanwijn

nathanwijn Shigatsu Fangirl

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    capicorn (A) / cancer (A)/ Terry (B) or aries (B)
    okay so, will the UC's and the valhalla map be a bit easier since the nerfing will affect these and make these almost impossible (if they weren't already)?
  6. Alex22

Alex22 [7] Hero

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Arthur, Ark, ,and some others
    For my questions i have these ones:
    For the balancecs i think they are ok, some nerfs and thing to be almost equal to other server but still, you only nerfed spheres and units, what about UC/exclusive trial/Exclusive map. Will you ''nerf'' them too to compensate the nerfs on the other things?
    6star mock units aka grah, karls seria... when and how can we evolve them?
    Do you have projects for more 7star EU Legacys?
    Thats all for now, many people will ask other things that i want to know
    Legolas likes this.
  7. Kzar Dragon

Kzar Dragon [11] Grandmaster

Friend ID:
    Level:
    270+
    Leader(s):
    Di tutto e di più, venghino signori :D
    1: GQ when
    2: Will you nerf UC too?
    3: Wouldn't be better to nerf spheres by 5 - 10% rather than 15%?
    Ivan, Michelangelo and Spardaco like this.
  8. JamaRift

JamaRift [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Lucy, Plumatachi, Zelnite, Avant, Arturo, Rize, Magena, Gazolina, Lancelot etc.
    Do you intend to do something about the general discontent shown in various forums regarding the nerf spheres?
    Azamat likes this.
  9. Magote

Magote [7] Hero

I guess I'm gonna ask what everybody else will ask too?
    Are we really not getting GQ? If no, will we be given the evolution mats and spheres any other way?

It's really annoying having the evo mats to 7* on the inventory taking usable and space and not being able to use them..
  10. marthicon

marthicon [7] Hero

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Magena (Ubb) Anima
    Feeva (Ubb) Anima
    Arturo (Ubb) Breaker
    Kikuri (Ubb) Anima
    1. Why now post that nerfs? Why was not this published six months ago when there was time to change things?
    2. If Brave Frontier RPG want to be like JP or similar, where is GQ? Why Raids take 6 months more to show? Why all this delays with Legacy, exclusive legacy, new content, etc.
    3- Why The Rift was announced like a new game mode? It's just other farming vortex...
    Azamat, Michelangelo and La Roca like this.
  11. S.ay

S.ay [7] Hero

After all these changes many of us want to know how big the differences are in special situations and combination of challenges and units so are you planning to reduce the cost of the UCs to 0 after first time clearing them?
  12. Kyrion

Kyrion [7] Hero

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Libra/Scorpio/Yggdrasil
    1. Regarding about Ultimate Challenges: sure you guys want to make the main units (not counting the EU exclusives) relevant for this but will there also be a chance to actually nerf the ultimate challenges as compensation to buff wipe/mana shield nerf?

2. Kind of irrelevant. But will there be any plans to implement 3min/en?
  13. Sciado

Sciado [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    510+
    Leader(s):
    SHIDA
    just two questions:
    -Why is Arena left alone with no double points, no random rules and other? In 2 years we are only at 1.9kk points yet..
    -Will Shapefisters have more importance in the "near" future? There's no content about them.
    Kzar Dragon likes this.
  14. braandz

braandz [8] Elite

Just wanted to say that I welcome these new changes. Especially the stat reduction for those major spheres that gave 30% to all stats. I always thought that at the time of the release they were too OP. Good to see some nice balancing :)

Regarding mana shield buff, do they now act as the 'barriers' mechanic? I.e., dark barrier where they have 0 defense and just absorb damage?
  15. Bruh

Bruh [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    felice, avant, sirius, heinrich, arthur, laberd
    My main concern is for the spheres in particular. Yes i know that they may be over powered, but compared to the global server which i also play on, the global server has quite a few 30% all stats spheres, alot of which are really good. Also the spheres from frontier gate and RC6 include in those. And concerning these changes in buffs that are being made, i understand that they're very easy to use with cheesing through content but lets be honest, without omni evolutions, out OP Abilites and spheres, I doubt anyone here can hope to beat hard content especially if theyre F2P and cant afford to summon again and again for units like magena and aquarius, which have by now become a must have for all hard content. I myself face ALOT of difficulty in ultimate challenges like freja despite using all the buffs and spheres that are getting nerfed, but after these changes, I dont think many players will even opt to stay on the server if they cant even have any incentive like good spheres or exclusive skills for clearing content. I for one may move completely to global mainly because they have monthly events, super honor summon every month, vortex half energy every month, evolution dungeons a week every month and so on not to mention daily presents that are alot more attractive. So what will you do to balance the hard content with the spheres nerf and skills nerfs. If they remain the same then sorry but im afraid people will stop spending effort and money on a server thats impossible to play
  16. Zaknafei

Zaknafei [7] Hero

Hello. I have a question about mana shield's nerf.
    When did you take this decision? I ask it because I don't think you decided it 2 days ago, but it took you some months, and during this time you gave us rates up event with mana shield buff units. I find this uncorrected towards your players.
  17. Jamaela18

Jamaela18 [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Capricorn (A)
    I like the changes because they fight the endless cycle(release op unit->harder content->release unit) and its a way to try new combinations instead of the usual one (Capri - Yggy/Aqua - Magena).

However, in the post, you state that "Our end goal is to ensure better game balance and personal progress for both novice and veteran players". How exactly can you prevent new "Yggdrasils, Plumatachis and Capricorns" from appearing again? Without those "tasty" kits, how will you incite us players to summon for said units?
  18. KobalArtist

KobalArtist [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    32X
    Leader(s):
    Anima Freyja - MAX
    Anima Magena - MAX
    Breaker Aries - MAX (en Frontier Hunter)
    Lord Arthur - MAX
    Anima Ninmah - MAX
    Why have you designed Aquarius, Pisces, Yggdrasil not long ago by knowing that they'll be a nerf that considerably reduces their power and utility ?
    Adrian37 and marthicon like this.
  19. Mishikasei

Mishikasei Moderator of the Flowers

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Yoshino-chan and Mishi mod.
    Nah it's Shion and Lucy or Amadeus
    Can change lead by request, just ask me.
    -Are we getting frontier gate?
    -Can you reconsider the decision of the sphere's nerf, because future content gives 30% spheres such as endless fg and noel trial.
    -Can you make buff wipe a 1 turn disable buff so it won't be broken instead of that kind of nerf?
    -Are we getting the 3min per energy?
    -When you will implement rc5 and 6?
  20. Aidanyaman

Aidanyaman [8] Elite

When do we get the 6 star matrials from grahdens karl lugina seria and paris
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.