G's Magical Adventures: Ep. 2

Discussion in 'Fan Art, Fiction & Videos' started by Gholayat, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Gholayat

Gholayat Warden Moderator

Friend ID:
    Level:
    370+
    Leader(s):
    Rose Empress Tora
    Fallen Morgana
    Radiant Virtue Fadahl
    Lance Champion Vernil
    Hello friends and allies!
    Todays Magical Adventure is more of a discussion. So, I was thinking back all those years (Months*) ago when I was still young and my level still low. Yes, so low, that it was actually level 1! Yes even I used to be level 1. Good times though! Good times as wee little Gholy derping around upgrading his river like a madman.
    nyways. I remember still, after downloading the game, which unit I chose. I choose Selena. Now, theres different kinds of male gamers in the world. You have the kind who like the bulky, armored male hero type, the intricate and mystical, robe wearing slim male hero type, the leather wearing athletic mysterious hero type, and then there was the kind who liked female heroes. You know, the gamers with the reasoning: I prefer to play while looking at a sexy girl than looking at a muscular guy! Theres different kinds of female units too! Dont get me wrong, there bulky armored females as much as males. But I do think the fantasy and imagination of these gamers works differently.

For me, I did not pick Selena because of her being a female hero. In fact, I was a little disappointed that she was a girl. I picked her because Water is my favorite element. It made me a little sad that the stereotype of "gentle water needs to be embodied by a female" also existed in this game. But it didnt keep me from choosing her! Unfortunately, just like most of my units when I started playing, she was Oracle, and at the time I didnt know that I could reinstall the game to reroll the type of my starter and even my first rare summon! Selena was useful at the beginning with a lack of better units, but she got destroyed left and right because of her awful HP pool.

Anyways, Selena served me well. However there was one unit that has always been there next to me! It was my first rare summon unit, and even today he is still in my main squad. My first rare summon was a Guardian Lorand. He single handedly carried me through the first map. This brave warrior stood by my side for many months.

What was your starter unit guys, and why did you pick that specific one? And what was your verrrrrrry first rare summon? Im curious to find out :)
    Bruni and TheBigT like this.
  2. TheBigT

TheBigT [9] Master

My starter was Eze. I got electrocuted once when I was very little (about a year and half, 2 years) [don't ask how, cause it's freaking embarrasing xD] and ever since I have a fascination for lightning/thunder. So my choice was quickly made! ^^ I was a bit more Lucky then you, Gho, Cause my Eze was anima :D My first and second rare summon were 5* Aem (guardian) and 5* Phoenix (Breaker). Jup I got two 5* in a row ^^ Once I had leveled enough to put Aem and Phoenix in my team with Eze. I just quested with these three units xD they brought me very far! and they've been in my main team ever since. However now, having more units and full lorand/kikuri team, they got pushed a side a bit. But once Aems/Phoenix' 6* will be released, they'll make their comeback ^^
    Bruni, Gholayat and Dar0 like this.
  3. Therry

Therry [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    A Felneus MAX/A Geirdrifful level 80 BB4
    Well my first starter was Lance. Now if I had to choose by element, it would have been water or darkness since those are my favourites.
    But when you select your starter, i saw that lance had something to do with healing (Yeh, I told the story before, but stay with me). Magress looked way too bulky to me (I am no fan of slow and bulky) and Selena was interesting but the healing word got my attention. How disappointing I was to see he had absolutely nothing to do with this.
    I also got a lot of bad luck. After upgrading him to 4* (I farmed 2 days to get a friggin green idol) he turned from lord into guardian making him completely useless to my taste. I kinda never used him ever since.

My first rare summon, now that was awesome. I got an anima war captain mega. I was amazed by it. Back then it was just ridiculous strong since hit count was not really there yet until the kikuri batch. he was like BAM BAM BAM and most units were almost dead. It also made me go for a water team, getting the healer quickly. Then I farmed Stya and her awesome hit count. Afterwards I got a lucky 5* Dean but sadly oracle but hey, it was a water unit :p and last but not least did I find a selena in a honor summon but too bad her team water, michelle's batch came out and the rest is from the time of now :p
    TheBigT and Bruni like this.
  4. Bruni

Bruni [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Cancer (A)
    rest in unit thread
    Nice thread man, love reading people's "stories" like this :D

I've told my story on here already but I'll do it again. I started out with Eze, purely because of his element; if there is ever an option to choose in games, I go for the electric type (I keep referring to thunder as electric, I blame pokemon...and I also blame pokemon for my love of electric types in the first place). Unfortunately my lil baby starter was a wee oracle, which made him squishy as heck, but I didn't really 'get' the types back then, so I kept him anyway. (Worth noting this is the same Eze that is still on my team now; he was my first to reach 4*, 5* and 6*, first to reach lvl 100, first to reach his sbb - I know it's kinda dumb, but I get attached to my characters like that, haha :") plus I actually have come to appreciate his oracle typing, as it pushes his godawful rec up into the 'decent' areas. Tldr; I love my Eze, ha :))

My first summon was a ♥♥♥♥ty guardian Dryad, that I never even used because it didn't do a lot of damage :') but I like to pretend that never happened, as my first summon after that was my first GOOD summon: anima Il&Mina. Which I still use very often now. (And a bunch of summons later, my gamechanging summon was my anima Kikuri... For an f2p I got quite a few lucky summons with great typings, really; anima DGX, anima Douglas, anima Kikuri, anima Twins, Michele, Tiara, Lilith, Lorand, Rickel, Dilma, Rashil...)
    TheBigT likes this.
  5. Axantucar

Axantucar [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    17x
    Leader(s):
    Cornelius (A) SBB 10
    Zelnite (A) SBB 10 Imped
    Maxwell (A) SBB 10 Imped
    Love these types of threads! They give some cool stories.

For me, my first starter was Vargas. Of all the elements, most of the time, I like wind the most, the problem is that that one wasn't in this game. So after that, I went for the one that looked the best. I've always liked the "cool", confident sword type units, so Vargas directly appealed to me. The fact that he was fire, which is my second favorite element, made it even better. He was a Guardian. I didn't know about the types at that stage, or what they did, so Guardian sounded kinda cool. I just went with it. He's been in my team ever since. Just like with Bruni, I kinda got attached to him. He also is the one that gets evolved first, that gets leveled first, that gets... well, everything first I guess lol. And since the 6* evolution, he stronger than ever, which makes it really cool.

My first summon was a Loch Ness, Oracle. Didn't really like him for some reason. Didn't touch him much. I did put him in my team though, because.. well he was stronger than the rest of the guys I had. My second summon was way cooler for me, Anima 4* Mega. Man that guy was cool. He was strong too, like Therril said, he wrecked the place. After Vargas, he was the one that got all the love I guess. Then slowly I build my team, got a 5* Phoenix, 2 Lorands, 3 more Vargasses (all guardian.. gah...). That settled it for me. My team was going to be a mono fire team. And it actually still is.
    TheBigT, Gholayat and Bruni like this.
  6. TheBigT

TheBigT [9] Master

Mono fire FTW! :D
    Axantucar likes this.
  7. Gholayat

Gholayat Warden Moderator

Friend ID:
    Level:
    370+
    Leader(s):
    Rose Empress Tora
    Fallen Morgana
    Radiant Virtue Fadahl
    Lance Champion Vernil
    I love mono fire too :) Too bad dark and light are so much better ;_; We got all the starters already ^^! I thought it might take a while to find people for every starter but no xD Anyone else fan of the Water element!?
    Axantucar and TheBigT like this.
  8. Therry

Therry [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    A Felneus MAX/A Geirdrifful level 80 BB4
    I used to be a fan of mono-water until the rainbow leaders were released, gotta love my rainbow team :D
  9. Kick_

Kick_ [1] Rookie

My first starter ever was Vargas.
    As a little kid I liked fire very much. I liked fireworks also. I don't know why, but I have always liked fire for no real reason.
    When I started my journey and summoned my first ever unit, It was a Duel-GX-II and later I realized I was pretty dang lucky.
    Gholayat and Bruni like this.
  10. TheBigT

TheBigT [9] Master

well euhm.. sounds a bit like a true pyromaniac to me... haha :p
    Kick_ likes this.
  11. Hisoka_EU ♥

Hisoka_EU ♥ [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Kikuri (B) / Merlin (B) / Arthur (B) / Santa (G)
    Ach, many days ago, in fact several months ago I installed this game. Right off the bat I was presented with my first two tough choices, which name I'd like to use and who my beginner would be...
    The name was rather quickly decided on. Why? Because I love the fact that Hisoka (HxH) thinks only of strenght and how interesting someone is.
    The beginner was also a quick decision. Why? Ever since I was little I have been in love with setting things on fire. Why? Fire is always (heart)warming, always serene, gorgeous and yet can bring forth such immense distruction... I've set a lot of things on fire therefore I choose Vargas. (which reminds me a little of Natsu Dragneel from FT).
    If I remember correctly, my first rare summon was Death God Lodaga, or as I myself like to call him: Shinigami Lodaga. A dark unit. This unit was very appealing to me as it was a unit involved with death. It hade resemblances (to me) with both the dark and twisted nature of Hisoka, and also made me think of Bleach.
    This is my story, what is yours...
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  12. Hisoka_EU ♥

Hisoka_EU ♥ [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Kikuri (B) / Merlin (B) / Arthur (B) / Santa (G)
    Also, under the smiley buttons I request a fire emoticon. Comparable to the one from Emoji. Why? Because Fire is life and life is Fire.
  13. krrkrr

krrkrr [4] Skilled

Friend ID:
    Level:
    13x
    Leader(s):
    Lodin (A) 6* / Zebra (B) 5* / Felneus 6*
    That was a boring rainy afternoon, I was checking on the app store (wanted to replace monster warlord) when I saw Brave Frontier (hey why not try this sh**, it is free...) and a year later I'm writing on the Brave Frontier forum....
    My starter was Eze but I wanted to take Selena as water is my favorite.. why I changed my mind ? I thought there were a kind of class/nature role like water/heal - wood/ranger - fire/warrior - thunder/ support-mage and Eze looked more badass than the other ones.
    I got him in Anima, at that time I didn't know there were a difference (and a big one!).
    My first sumonner was Mifune, he helped me to go through many quests with my main (but when I knew that I could remove my main from my team (until 40 lvl lol, thought I had to play with my main forever) he was quickly replaced).
    His new job now is to clean up the object inventory :D
    Gholayat and Axantucar like this.
  14. AizenMyo

AizenMyo [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Arthur, Perceval, Magena
    Quaid [Arena]
    [Pretty much any unit upon request]
    Hmm, I checked the appstory, was bored as hell after finishing all exams and I was alone in the house. So I searched for "RPG" and this little game popped up. Thought I might give it a try, started out with Selena (95% sure) and got quickly hooked. I remember still that I played the game the whole day (leveling was soooo easy back then :oops:)
    My first rare summon ever was guardian phoenix - I loved him back then, he had quite an awesome heal.. but yeah, he managed to reach only 5* lvl 45 whereas I decided it's time to kick him off my roster lol - still have him though :oops:
    My 2nd was Alice or Lemia [a dark unit for sure] and I decided to try to get a dark team. Welp, I ran mono dark for .. like 6 months? I installed the game in june 2014 and played mono dark till felneus came out to be exact :oops:
    As most of you know probably by now - I'm "addicted" to the game and yeah..
    Never thought back then (even when I loved it at first sight) that it would get soooo big. I even got a little bored in between (must been oktober~ november) where I took 1 or 2 days off - curse my streak T_T
    Arena I'm still not that fond of, but.. atleast I try to keep my arena orbs empty now (took a .. 5 month break in between from it?):oops:
    But the game surely is huge now o.O keep it up gumi! :)
    Axantucar likes this.
  15. Axantucar

Axantucar [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    17x
    Leader(s):
    Cornelius (A) SBB 10
    Zelnite (A) SBB 10 Imped
    Maxwell (A) SBB 10 Imped
    Whooo! New additions! Keep 'em coming! :D
  16. Eden(BG)

Eden(BG) [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    240+
    Hmm. I don't know when I started, tbh.
    I just broke up with my previous girl, after year and a half.
    I remember a picture showing what girls do after the brake up, what boys do.. So boys was online RPG, the character armoring and stuff, so I went straight to Google store. Was looking for game, similar to "ninja prophecy" on my Symbian (Nokia 5530XM)
    -NOT 3D, with element system, each unit having a role in the team.. You know, support, tank, buffer.. And wrote "turn based", downloaded instantly when I saw everything I was looking for. Eze was badass (was looking like Rasta/shaman king mixture)
    Updated and here we go.. What name to use?
    I usually used "8bit", but.. I've played "wartune" recently and had female knight with random name "Eden Will", might sound weird, but I loved it. Fit perfectly. So. Hello, I'm Eden.
    Now moving to the tuff one.
    First I saw Vargas. I was like..
    -"Alright, this guy is the game logo. Fire.. Looks good" and I read "with an passionate heart of fire.." I was thinking "No fire burns in my heart, bi**h had extinguisher.
    Then I saw Selena. Instant pick.
    RNG gave me an anima btw.
    Even now she's maxed, put all my imps on her. Since the same RNG never gave me a healer unit..
    My first summon was 4* Oulu. Lord. Haven't touched it till this month.
    So I was preparing like a month to beat Maxwell back there. Lots of summons, only water. I love water. Water is life! (First time this phrase makes sense to me!)
    Here I am. 103level and learned nothing :-D
    I'm so addicted to this game!
    The only problem for me is that I can't recharge to try for healer, but I hope they'll make an sms purchase like other games.. (Warspear for example.)
    If I come to more memories, I'll annoy you more with my adventure memories, I promise!
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    krrkrr likes this.
  17. Akumu

Akumu [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Pluma, Gazo, Zelnite, Natalame
    By the right of most dreadful of necromancies, i'll drop by too.
    I looked for some good mobile RPG so i stumbled upon BF and decided to give it a go. I got my phone year before i downloaded BF RPG, so if i found BF earlier, i might be on GLO now, probably. Anyway, it downloaded and came down to selecting a starter...
    So i looked at them and thought:
    " Red one? No, this is your generic protagonist, center of the story, no, not this one."
    " Blue girl? I rolled female characters in many different MMO, let's pick a male for a change of pace."
    " Yellow guy? Heh, he looks quite badass. Since he is not on the logo and not the first one to pick he does not grab much of a spotlight. And i like it! But let us see what else do we have here."
    " Earth one. His looks make him often overlooked, i wonder if he's actually imba for whom some people reroll later?"

Well, since i decided to judge starters by the looks, i picked up Eze. He decided he will be Breaker, and i think this typing fits him perfectly. Year and half have passed, and many stuff happened, but even now he whomps his enemies with Batootha as part of my arena team.
    Gholayat likes this.