Grantos UC?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PietroLiuzzi, Oct 2, 2018.

1. PietroLiuzzi

PietroLiuzzi [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Artù (Rex)
    Ofiuco (Anima)
    Ochaco Uraraka (Anima)
    Someone can tell me something concrete about Grantos' UC pattern? I really can't understand it.
  2. OnePilip

OnePilip Gourou du Savoir

@PietroLiuzzi, @Hope92
    I propose to continue on this discussion...

Interesting, I didn’t try with an other taunt than Heinrich or Frigg.
    I will make some tests to see if there is something linked to the element type of the taunt...

You can’t integrate another healer in your team ?
    I mean, I understand from your posts that you don’t want to make the « nuking » method (only possible with few units due to the amount of damage to deal).
    If you manage to deal around 30% of his HP as damage and limit his Restoration to around 20%, the fight would be super long but you would win at the end.
    This is what I plan to try for my next attempts...
  3. PietroLiuzzi

PietroLiuzzi [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Artù (Rex)
    Ofiuco (Anima)
    Ochaco Uraraka (Anima)
    I actually think Grantos uses "Maximum Overheat" when he "Loads Over" too much (in one of my last attempts 260% was enough to trigger "Maximum Overheat", during the Restore Mode), so the question is "How can we make Grantos load faster?"

I supposed his load could be based around BBs/SBBs/UBBs he takes (BB ➡️ +x% load, SBB ➡️ +xx% load, UBB ➡️ +xxx% load..something like this), so I tried to use Utheria's UBB to spam her UBB and as much BBs/SBBs as possible.
    The interesting thing is in that turn he went from "Loading Over 20%" to "Loading Over 130%". The bad news is I tryed again later (during the same fight) and he just loaded +30% (from 220 to 250 if I'm not wrong), so I'm not sure about how his load works yet but it's interesting to know there is a way (someway) to make him do it so much faster.
  4. OnePilip

This is exactly what I’ve been trying to figure out for weeks: how does the « Loading Over » work ?
    I tested dozens of ideas without finding...
    I had a very interesting conversation on my YouTube channel (Odin’s video) and I reported some of my discoveries...

Example: I tried with Heinrich alone.
    Always on guard (with Healer’s Lament Elgif to ensure his survival): the Loading will remain at 0% and the « Grand destroyer » is launched but no hit.
    With other manipulations, I arrived to the conclusion that Grantos will hit one time per 10% of Loading.
    Following the same idea, I found that he will generate by 999999 per 10% of Loading.

Problem: on my last attempts, during « Restoration mod », I manage to get 170% of Loading and the « maximum overheat ». (thanks to my taunt I guess)
    I would have expected a regeneration of 28% (Grantos has 60M HP) until normal overheat and the shield down with the following « maximum overheat ».
    Unfortunately the regeneration was much bigger and that’s why I posted some screen captures and asked for Nocra’s confirmation.
  5. Hope92

Hope92 [9] Master

Friend ID:
    Level:
    500+
    Leader(s):
    All leads maxed with passion! :D
    full 0bc cost team used: Roglizer (Lead), Heinrich, Faelan, Bakugo, Zegstia
    Integrating another healer into my team is kinda difficult, because it would either mean giving up the taunt from Heinrich or losing a ton of dmg (I dont have any healing unit that comes even close to Bakugo and Zegstia). Both options seem kinda bad to me :D
    Not having llewxam is the biggest issue I guess, because I can only use Bakugos UBB when I get a double proc on faelans UBB before to have 100% mitigation up every turn : /
    (having only 2 OD fillers with Roglizer and Faelan)
    But in restauration mode it seems like I dont need 100% mitigation and can just attack.
    Btw when he marks a unit, he absorbs their bb gauge the next turn - what he gains from that is unknown to me. Maybe there is some mechanism as to what the marked unit has to do (mb even different for restauration and attack mode).

Put him down to 18% but when I use a dmg UBB I will lose at least 2 units because I am usually 1 turn without 100% mitigation.
    On another try I battled over 100 turns and on later stages his energy shield after restauration mode entry would never be below 40% (sometimes even 75% ...), so it would become impossible to kill him.
    Before I thought that his energy shield would be 0% if he was overheated...

Also apart from the LS, Sotnarg is completely useless in my team as his bb is basically NEVER available.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  6. PietroLiuzzi

PietroLiuzzi [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Artù (Rex)
    Ofiuco (Anima)
    Ochaco Uraraka (Anima)
    He'll never answer I think..

Unfortunatly I'm starting to think this challenge is just like Barion's UC: you can complete it only with specific units and if you don't have them you can only wait for the release of more OP units. Infact I have been able to complete Barion's UC (without soft-reset) only thanks to Uraraka and Tsuki, and they have been released months later than the challenge.

Maybe he's useless but he actually is the only unit that can be equipped with 2 "Boost stats" spheres, LoL.

20181003_152724.png
  7. Hope92

Hope92 [9] Master

Friend ID:
    Level:
    500+
    Leader(s):
    Oh well...
    When I am not using a taunt (replacing heinrich with a really useful unit like lofia) I can spam 2 UBBs easily 24/7 but even though grantos overheats every time, his shield does never drop ... its at like 85% or more after healing : / - ive got no idea what is going on.

Also ive tried to guard the unit that is targeted with the red aim / used bb / normal atk...
    --> He absorbs the bb gauge of the unit that he marked in the next round. What if the amount he heals depends on the bb gauge he absorbs in the cycle? Wouldnt that explain why a taunt gives him such a low energy shield since this whole process is void then? Also that would mean I can either run 0BC cost team OR run with a taunt.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  8. OnePilip

Until now, I never managed to get the « maximum overheat » without a taunt.
    Maybe, it’s simply because the game designer wanted the taunt to be mandatory.

I’m not sure that a 0BC cost team is a good idea.
    I mean, I did it more for the concept and because I knew I could spam UBBs every turn.

Roglizer doesn’t have mitigation on LS so, unless being permanently under 100% mitigation, the survivability of the units (except fire type) is compromised.
    Depending on the units you have, you could try with a team oriented for BC management (BC on Spark, on turn, when attacked, insta BC...).

The idea is to get the « maximum overheat » on turn 13: his grand Restoration will bring Grantos back to full life but you will have 12 turns to maximize the damages (Heinrich’s SBB can be used every turn).

Then, will come 6 turns where you can’t use Heinrich’s BB/SBB.
    With normal attack, he will receive 5 hits from Grantos but, as a fire unit, I guess he should survive.
    Except Heinrich, spam the SBB of your units to be hit only 3 times: even Sotnarg should survive.
    /!\ Don’t Guard them since they would be hit 6 times.

After his Grand Restoration, you can again release the power of your units...
    Etc, etc...

But as you mentioned, I don’t exactly know the impact on the « Loading Over » of not having emptied BB gauge for the drained units.
    If the Loading is too big, this technic won’t work since the Grand Restoration will give back more HP than you can inflict damages during the Attack mod...

It seems there is a link between the actions of the units and the Loading but I couldn’t get it...

I noticed that during the « Judgement’s Absorption » (so when he actually judges the Absorption, whatever it is), the order of Grantos’ attacks is predictable: he will follow the order of the cycling Absorption (LT, LB, LM, RT, RB and RM) based on the common actions of our units.
    I didn’t try yet to figure out by what he will begin but let’s assume it is guard, then normal attack, then BB, etc...

Unit’s position / action
    LT / SBB
    LB / BB
    LM / Guard
    RT / SBB
    RB / BB
    RM / normal attack
    => Order of Grantos’ attack: LM, RM, LB, RB, LT and RT

Basically, we can control the order of the hit units and how many hits they will receive.
    For me, there is a something behind this mechanism but I can’t understand what...

Actually, @gumi Nocralas answered to some of my questions about Odin’s UC and it was really great.
    But not for Grantos... :sob:
    Hope92 likes this.
  9. Hope92

Hope92 [9] Master

Friend ID:
    Level:
    500+
    Leader(s):
    Well I did test out that if i use Heinrich BB/SBB before the grand restoration in every single turn and have his BB gauge at 0 when he is the target to being drained then the shield will be at 0%. If however I have his BB gauge full the turn he gets drained, then grantos will have a shield of 15%.

Funny thing is in the restoration mode it seems to work the opposite.
    The more he absorbs the less he heals, that is at least how it "feels" for me (cant confirm yet).
  10. PietroLiuzzi

PietroLiuzzi [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Artù (Rex)
    Ofiuco (Anima)
    Ochaco Uraraka (Anima)
    Yeah I meant "He'll not answer about Grantos' UC".
  11. Hope92

Hope92 [9] Master

Friend ID:
    Level:
    500+
    Leader(s):
    That would be kinda meh.
    I mean at least confirmation for questions/theories would be appropriate. Nobody asks for a detailed mechanic reveal...

Also long run seems impossible to me.
    No matter what I do the shield keeps increasing the longer the battle goes (after mode change, at turn 120++ I cant even get anything lower than 80% anymore).
  12. OnePilip

You mean with a taunt ?
  13. Hope92

Hope92 [9] Master

Friend ID:
    Level:
    500+
    Leader(s):
    yeah, same story with a taunt. First time his shields lowest value will be 0%, second time it only drops to 15% and this will be higher every time. - At least taht was the case for my last 3 runs.

Also isnt the best moment to attack at turn 7, since his shield is at 0% this turn if you used a taunt in previous turns?
    I mean he cycles through this every 6 turns (starting at 7).
    Apparently using a taunt while restoration mode lincreases the hp regen - which is something I dont understand...
    Also in the long run ,either the regeneration or the lowest possible shield grows which makes it impossible to deal more dmg than he heals.

EDIT:
    okay, he is definately nukeable and using taunt every single turn does work.
    Now it would be a fkin breeze if Wintias BB would fill the 8 BB it is suppoed to fill, because then I could use some dmg spheres instead of 0bc on the rest of my team and not end up with him having 14% hp T_T.

@gumi Mirumo
    Wintias BB does not fill the 8 BB it is suppoed to. (a bug I guess...)
    sorry, rather a wrong skill description in german ~~

Aaaaand im done!
    [​IMG]

@PietroLiuzzi
    @OnePilip

Apology for the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ stuff that follows, but my brain stopped working after the 6th try on this with over 100 turns... Probably writing something more clear tomorrow if you are interested in a safe way to clear this :D

What ive done this time was:
    Count the turns!!!! So from 7 onwards he heals at 13 and deals dmg at 19, heals at 25, deals dmg at 31 etc.
    I used Heinrichs BB/SBB every single turn (also the same attack order every time - Bakugo, Zegstia, Roglizer, Sotnarg(BB), Wintia, Heinrich, Sotnarg(SBB) ) and got the overheat every single time.
    (so it probably has something to do with reviving units or the order in which you attack that he goes nuts)

Prolly nothing new to you, but by repeating the nuke process and using Wintias UBB 5 turns before the nuke came, I had enough time to get full OD gauge up to that I could go all out once the shield was at 0%. It is very important that DMG UBB is up at exactly turn 13, 19, etc and that you are under 100% mitigation in turns 7, 19, 31, etc.
    Wintias SBB makes it so that I can use Roglizer lead and do not need any other mitigation and even the dot is no problem if you have the SP skills on her.

So what happened: Every time I ran through these 12 turns he healed up to a little less health.
    In my last 12 turns his max hp was like 82% after his heal.

I used Bakugos UBB to deal dmg and then went through.
    I do believe however that an easy way to clear this in 24 turns every time would be to use the hero crystal and have 2 different offensive UBBs up to push through his life.
    (since you do not need 100% mitigation UBB and on turns other than 7, 19, 31 etc)
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    PietroLiuzzi and OnePilip like this.
  14. OnePilip

GG ! :thumbsup:
    143 turns ! :fearscream:
    It must have been an epic fight ! :eek:
    I’m interested to read more details. :smile:

About Wintia’s BB, as far as I can understand with its description, a unit will get 8 BC only if she guards.
    Alain JC Roux and Hope92 like this.
  15. PietroLiuzzi

PietroLiuzzi [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Artù (Rex)
    Ofiuco (Anima)
    Ochaco Uraraka (Anima)
    Good job! Like I said yesterday, unfortunatly I don't have some units I think would be so usefull in this challenge, so I think I'll probably stop wasting my energy to (try to) understand the pattern and wait for a more detailed guide.
    At this point I prefer using my energy to perfect my "Echoes of Ishgria" guides in the italian section of the Forum.
    Alain JC Roux and Hope92 like this.
  16. Hope92

Hope92 [9] Master

Friend ID:
    Level:
    500+
    Leader(s):
    Thanks for the answer on Wintias BB! Well, reading the skill description in english makes it kinda clear ^^
    The skill description ingame (german) is simply wrong, so is it in the forum (german) - shouldve checked the other languages before, but I was in madman land :D

Indeed a hard fight lol
    In the cycle before the successful one, Grantos ended up with 1% hp ^^

So for some more details:
    I used 0 BC on Roglizer (lead and od fill), Bakugo (since I was using his UBB it was very useful to have him at 0 BC cost - somehow using a fujin does not fill 100% of his UBB bar in the fight) and Wintia (same story because I was using her UBB).

I just started with a fujin on Heinrich and then proceeded -> Bakugo BB, Wintia SBB, Roglizer SBB, Heinrich SBB, Zegstia and Sotnarg normal atk.
    Then it was just spamming all SBB (and obv alternating every 3 turns on Roglizer for the regular stat boost / starting with sotnarg BB - extra action -> 2x od fill). The original plan was to have wintias UBB up at the start of turn 7 and start to nuke with Bakugo UBB (activated in turn 7). I somehow mixed up the turns and ended up wasting the hero crystal the ensure Bakugos UBB.
    This then led to the working strategy applied from turn 13 onwards (without having a hero crystal zzz).

Big thanks for the people in french section for sharing their knowledge in the forum and obviously @OnePilip for providing translations on top of that :P

So, as stated in the french thread, the people who did it finished within 24 turns and started their nuke at turn 13. This is definately the best known idea for this UC. The damage dealt from turn 7 to turn 12 will probably be healed completely anyway.

Strategy:
    Use all available BB/SBB every single turn and use a taunt every single turn (why this helps so much is unknown, but it leads to secured max overhead which lowers Grantos shield to 0% in turn 7, 13, 19, 25, etc).

Have your 100% mitigation buff up at turns 7, 19, 31, etc and also have ur OD gauge full again at these turns or if your DMG UBB does not have 0 BC cost then make sure you are able to use this UBB in turn 7, 19, etc.

Use your dmg UBB in turn 13 and proceed to deal maximum damage while Grantos shield is going to increase (around 15% every turn - item usage might have some impact as well, but what it definately does is decreasing your OD gauge by ~15% for each item used).

NOw make sure that you use a Mitigation UBB in a way that you will be under its effects in turn 19 and also be ready to have your DMG UBB ready at the same turn. Proceed to deal maximum damage and hope to bring Grantos to under 20% HP (best case to 0 :D). Turn 25 he will heal back I believe it to be roughly 80% of his maximum HP - so if he was at 20% he will be back to almost 100%, if he was at 10% then prolly only to 90%.

Now if he is alive, repeat with having a dmg UBB ready at turn 25 and being under UBB mitigation at turn 31 and also ahving DMG UBB up at the same turn. In turn 37 he will heal himself +80% hp again, which would mean repeat again.

Trivia:
    It is probably a lot easier to kill Grantos in less than 25 turns if you make use of a hero crystal and use two dmg UBBs (so that would be turn 19 and turn 20 / turn 31 and turn 32, etc).

First time bringing him below 75, 50, 25 HP will trigger a one turn DOT, that will deal dmg (through 100% mitigation) the following turn and most likely kill non fire units below 60k hp. Easily counterable by having a DOT mitigation buff up!

Using the same order of attacks every single turn might also have some effect. I always used LB, LM, LT RM, RB, RT. - so that my taunt was the last / rather the second SBB of sotnarg

Definately have bb on spark (+ mb some instant bb gauge fill) to make use of that sotnarg - he can be really useful with his bb + SBB every turn which also fills 20% OD gauge thanks to the spheres he is equipped with. Also it is necessary to have a strong heal, when not under 100% mitigation every turn!

wasting the hero crystal like np:
    [​IMG]

vs not wasting the hero crystal and using it on turn 20... :D
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Alain JC Roux and OnePilip like this.