Game Updates | January 11 | The Exploration

Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by gumi Zephyros, Jan 11, 2018.

1. gumi Zephyros

gumi Zephyros Spanish Community Manager Staff Member

Level:
    9000+
    Leader(s):
    Rey Musgoso
    Game Updates | January 11 2018
    The Exploration

[​IMG]

Brave Frontier RPG has just been updated! Log-in now to enjoy all the latest content!

Here is the highlight of today's update:
    Frontier Hunter | Season 22, with a Special Reward!
    Story Dungeon | Siegfried Academy: Chapter 5.
    Ultimate Challenge | Omega Hunt: Mokele-mbembe, dragon of the river.

For all details, including patch notes, keep reading!

Content
    Frontier Hunter | Season 22
    Period: January 11, 16:00 CET to January 16, 16:00 CET

Do you have what it takes to dominate the Leaderboards? Fight your way through dozens of monster waves and claim awesome rewards in the new season of Frontier Hunter!

How to Start / Requirements
    There are no requirements to play Frontier Hunter. Tap on the Randall icon on the Home screen and choose the Survey Office to participate.

Rewards
    • Instantly unlock Gems, Frogs, Spheres and more by getting enough points in a level!
    • Climb the general Leaderboard to unlock up to 5 Hunter Ranks after the event ends and obtain exclusive rewards like Seria, Lugina, Paris, Tilith, Tesla, Eriole!
    SPECIAL REWARD: All the players that will gain HR +5 in Season 22 will receive a powerful Elgif!

Elgif: Mirror Soul of Might
    Effect: 30% boost to all parameters & boosts Spark damage (50%)

Hunter Rank Rewards
    The maximum HR is 50. Summoners who would reach an HR over the maximum rank, will receive the following rewards:
    HR over max +5 | 1 Robofrog
    HR over max +4 | 6 Mystery Frogs
    HR over max +3 | 2 Trident Keys
    HR over max +2 | 5 Sphere Frogs
    HR over max +1 | 5 Imps Arton​

Story Dungeon | Siegfried Academy | The Exploration
    Release date: Available NOW!

It's time to explore a whole new world, Summoner! In a land inhabitated by dragons, there's an Academy where young girls goes to train in the art of Dragon Hunting, mastering the most exotics weapons. Secrets and mysteries lurk in the shadows just for you to find them, join the Academy and see where our brave pinky girls will lead you!

Chapter 5 Story: The Academy has been badly damaged by the Omegas' attack: the entire west wing has been destroyed and is now uninhabitable. The students have been entrusted with restoring the Academy.

There are no requirements to play Story Dungeons, just tap on the Vortex button from the Home Screen and select Siegfried Academy's banner.

Reward
    • 1 Gem (First Completion)​

Ultimate Challenge | Omega Hunt | Mokele-mbembe, dragon of the river
    Release date: Available NOW!

Siegfried Academy opens its doors to the most capable Summoners! Even after graduation, it takes several years before one can hope to stand a chance against the ferocious Omega Dragons. Being the strongest of their kind, they won't go down easily, so get your best team ready, the hunt is on!

This week, do your best to take down Mokele-mbembe!

There are no requirements to play Ultimate Challenges, start one by tapping the Vortex icon from the Home Screen and select the proper banner.

Rewards
    The following is a list of rewards obtained upon first time completion:
    • 2 Gems & 1 Omega Essence

Final Reward
    Complete all the 6 Omega Hunts to obtain the materials to craft the ultimate Siegfried Academy's Sphere!

Sphere: Siegfried Draconic Rage
    Type: Stats Boost
    Effect: Boosts to all parameters (45%) & boosts ATK (50%) when BB gauge is full & boost BB ATK (150%) when HP are above 50% & boost elemental damage (100%)​

Patch Notes
    Fixed issues
    • Fixed an issue that allowed Mordlim & Melord to switch place in their Ultimate Challenges.
    • Fixed an issue that caused a wrong Unit No. to show for some Units.
    • Fixed an issue that made impossible to unlock 2 of Silvie's SPs.
    • Fixed minor localization issues.

Miscellaneous Changes
    • The Power of Friendship Dungeon has been moved inside the Convergence category in the Vortex.​

Thanks for your support! Enjoy your time on Grand Gaia!

Note: If you encounter game issues after updating, please follow our guide to refresh your game data.

- The Brave Frontier RPG Team​
  2. Rhithik

Rhithik [8] Elite

I think I can honestly say this is the first fair dragon of the bunch. You are not limited to a mono-element squad either. Here is what I passively noted.

1) Every 3 turns, he will do an AOE with massive damage, inflict paralysis, and massively drain your bb gauge and take about 25% of your OD gauge.

2) Every 5 turns, he will massively heal for about 2-3% of his health. He will also gain mitigation for one turn and boost his attack (?).

3) I am not sure when it was cast, but 3 times he used some calamity ability. It is stronger than the 3 turn one, but endurable with barrier and mana shield. Seems to be dangerous if occurring on a turn multiple of 3.

4) After about 25% of his health is gone, he will occasionally boost his already high BC drop resist down to make it so you get nothing.

5) After about 50% - 60% of his health is gone, he will gain all elements buff to one of his abilities.

This fight has none of the unfun mechanics like: Hard Damage requirements, retaliations for using other elements than thunder, buff wipes, LS lock, EX skill/Sphere lock, and angel idol. Build a good squad with enough damage and survivability and you can win.
    Heidenherz likes this.
  3. divedark

divedark [3] Experienced

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    selon demande.
    To complement a bit on what @Rhithik said:

Shion UBB spam is hard at the end of the battle because he will then cast every turn ( I think it was under 30%) the paralysis+bb drain+OD drain attack. Try to have a backup plan.

Also, he did kill two units of mine. He killed one at the beginning because my defenses weren't set up (shouldn't have held on that fujin), and another near the end of the fight, which bypassed all my mitigations and defenses.

Personally, i found that the most important thing in this fight is to have a good bb management. Gazolina is an excellent leader for bb management and defense.

The team i used (crappy spheres, mostly the ones from the guilty gear collab and from the frontier gate , or other "free spheres" like that.).
    Gazolina (lead)
    Lauda
    Kira
    Mora
    Shion (UBB when i could. Thanks OD drain attack)
    Enki (friend)
    With this team, he was still doing a massive 1 damage every turn.

And last thing, it's a looooooooooooooong fight.
  4. floberger2

floberger2 [7] Hero

Friend ID:
    Level:
    320+
    Leader(s):
    Libra (A) / Chibi 7* (A) / Heinrich (A)
    Magena (A) / Aquarius (A)
    arena:
    Leo / Michele / Krantz
    Are you guys shure he is not doing a LS lock? Cause I got paralyzed a lot though having Cobalt as lead.
    Did just one run so far and was killed around 22% health (72 turns) somehow out of nowhere (did Shion UBB method but will switch to a more offensive team next try)
  5. La Roca

La Roca Moderator of Holy Light

Friend ID:
    Level:
    +9000
    Leader(s):
    Arturo,Rozalia,Holia,Fina,Pluma,Gazolina,Azurai,Haile,....
    Element dark procs ex and ls and sphere lock maybe
  6. floberger2

floberger2 [7] Hero

Friend ID:
    Level:
    320+
    Leader(s):
    arena:
    Leo / Michele / Krantz
    OK sounds interesting: I will check ;-)
    (unfortunately my team usually consists of 4 dark units lol)
  7. La Roca

La Roca Moderator of Holy Light

Friend ID:
    Level:
    +9000
    Leader(s):
    Arturo,Rozalia,Holia,Fina,Pluma,Gazolina,Azurai,Haile,....
    Now that you mention number of units I had cosette, lucy and shion and nothing happened in a team made by shion L lucy fina jake utheria and cosette friend
    But procced it with double cleria L gwen baiken ram sheriff
  8. divedark

divedark [3] Experienced

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    selon demande.
    well, with my team, No LS/Ex/sphere lock. Gazolina took care of removing all status ailments. No idea.

You guys are sure it's not caused by a fire or thunder element character ?
  9. floberger2

floberger2 [7] Hero

Friend ID:
    Level:
    320+
    Leader(s):
    arena:
    Leo / Michele / Krantz
    I gave it another try with Gazo Lead + Enki Friend, Erza Utheria Surt Fina.

It went super smooth until 30% HP. Then the OD gauge drain got too high too keep up Utheria UBB spam and with it my dmg output (OD drain is triggered every turn now) and also somehow my Fina got oneshot every turn.
    I will give it another try and put some dark OD fillers (Cosette / Galtier / Shion) back in.

Maybe you are not allowed to have certain No. of the same Element?
  10. divedark

divedark [3] Experienced

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    selon demande.
    Went with 3 light units => nope.
    Try without thunder and fire elements.
  11. floberger2

floberger2 [7] Hero

Friend ID:
    Level:
    320+
    Leader(s):
    arena:
    Leo / Michele / Krantz
    Ok did it :grinning:
    Switching Erza to Galtier helped a lot to maintain Utheria UBB spam. Nevertheless below 30% HP he kept oneshooting Fina (and once Galtier) every 2-3 turns. Luckily I had enough revives and a hero stone to finish him.

THIS was a really enjoyable UC (especially compared to black dragon UC). With several tries and team optimisation its really doable.
    @gumi Elie @gumi Kazuo maybe u think about a nerf of the black dragon UC to make it similar fun :wink:
    Michschn and La Roca like this.
  12. gumi Elie

gumi Elie English Community Manager Staff Member

Glad you liked it!
    Right now we don't intend to go back to tweak previous dungeons, but I understand what you mean.
    Michschn and Broekie-Chan like this.