Feedback Thread | Unit Cost Rebalancing #2

Discussion in 'Future Content' started by gumi Elie, Mar 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCgamer18

JCgamer18 [7] Hero

I agree with most of it except Edea because just leave her at 40 also reduce elimo to 40 as well because she is not that OP and does not even attack like dolk or krantz who can both heal and attack. I kind of agree with the heinrich thing but,
    I rather just leave the alim units the way they are but i sadly kind of agree with the 6 heroes one and the zelfalgar/ magnazorda ones because later on they are totally useless except for selena. The problem is that people will still know they suck and still not use them because they suck. The point is a terrible unit is a terrible unit and that does not change. I feel changing the cost is just lazy because even though i have arthur, i rather see them nerfed than than what they are doing right now. I think you would have gotten less backlash for nerfing them.
    Though just keep edea at 40 and put elimo back to 40 as well because it feel appropriate for them, also leave reis at 40 because of terrible animation and not only that griff comes out soon after and completely takes reis out of the picture and just leave the alim units the way they are having them all at the same cost makes them appear at the same level but a terrible unit will still be terrible even if you reduce the cost.

Also UBB can only be used once every seven to eight turns which makes it not that OP. sure its a overpowered but not as overpowered as everyone makes it viviannes standard set is ok and OP UBB but not on the level of percival and so she is powerful but not in the OP way. percival has a really meh buffs and an OP UBB which balances him out considerably.

I rather see new content than this crap like the one that came out with the 6 stars that was supposed make it faster for buffs to work or like raid and grand quest
  2. Sucker

Sucker Everlasting Light of Joy

Friend ID:
    Level:
    I like the proposed cost changes, except Edea which seems strangely low compared to Elimo. I feel that Edea should have been 44 Cost for being an attacking 7* mitigator. Her ailments are not a problem due to status immune monsters and bosses.

I just raised my 3rd Heinrich for my arena team and he is an awesome arena king. Also he is a great nuker, which contributes to BC generation with his high hits on SBB as well with normal attacks, heals himself and he buffs DEF. 44 Cost is good, 45 would have been fine as well.

Decreasing the starters' and the dragons' Cost is fine.

Finally, Nemethgear should go to 44 Cost as well for being an infinite SBB unit AND a BC fill rate buffer. That is an amazing combination which will make it a meta unit instantly.
  3. gumi Elie

gumi Elie English Community Manager Staff Member

Messages that were derailing the thread have been removed.

For the interest of fair and civil rebalancing discussions, if you are coming here to:
    • Complain about the idea of Cost Rebalancing in general.
    • Complain about gumi Europe modifying Units originally created for other versions of Brave Frontier.
    • Post drive by posts like "What's the point, they will never listen."
    Please refrain from posting in this thread, as it does not contribute in any way to the discussion at hand.
    Thank you.
    Hyder, Triplehelix, broekie and 4 others like this.
  4. Stylish

Stylish [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    400+
    My opinion is simple, originally units shouldnt be editted. Game is able to be completed without exclusive units, like jp and global. Elimo must have her own cost. Is this keeps this way, we will get for example Krantz at 50-55 cost, becouse it can do elimos role and attacking. And this can´t keep going.

The "balancing" target is making people use different squads, well, if you want it there are many other ways. On the one hand is to release legacy units, many ppl may not use arthur if 7 star michelle comes. But there is not a really big pool of units to be used as leaders.
    On the other hand, people summoned for that exactly unit, not for a 48 cost version. Maybe if they knew that cost issue many ppl wouldnt have summoned, they would have just waited for legacies. So i understand why ppl is a little angry about.

Finally, this problem came out becouse you wanted to desing so overpower units to be eu exclusive. Many people saw Tridon in global as a "gamebreaker", and you made avalon even better than him. Avalon challenge requires to have 1x magena, and that should not be that way, becouse you are the ones that force us to use her as leader to pass the challenge.

Sorry for my english, but im not native :)
    Cloudiux likes this.
  5. Jagaya

Jagaya [10] Legend

Level:
    Leader(s):
    llewxaM
    Felneus
    If they do this, they could also just remove the UBB. Is easier to implement, than changing the only content such an effect is usefull, to the point it becomes useless again ^^
    This UBB is there to be used in Trials and GQ and whatever. I don't need UBB for questing or farming the Metal-Parade. If they change it, so I can't use it in Trials, I don't need it. Next time is a BB that reduces damage taken to 1, but only in Quests and not in Bossbattles, becouse they all get an immunity to it?

I personally think rebalancing cost is not a big deal. Sure it is somewhat limiting, but is does not break or ruin anything. So it might take longer to build the perfect team? Well bad luck. But something we can work around (by leveling). However if the units get nerfed (directly or indirectly by changing the content), we can not work around. What if Trials get a "we don't take damage from BB, activated via Arthur"? Well then Arthur becomes useless.
    What if Arthur Cost are raised by 5? Well then maybe people need to farm the Trident-Dungeon or something and then can use him properly. Or replace a nameless DD-Unit for a slightly weaker one to adjust for the raised cost.

I do understand, that people are upset. But first off: As a player, a nerf to the cost is like stomping on my foot. It hurts, but only for a moment. Unlike cutting my foot off for nerfing.
    And second off: those units are powerfull and maybe Percevail is able to cheese some Trials... But they don't break the game. I can still be decimated by some strong attacks in the trials, if I don't pay attention to the threshholds.
    Persecutor and kami108 like this.
  6. Cloudiux

Cloudiux [10] Legend

These changes keep effecting only ppl who are less than lv 229....At this point make it fair and after a certain lv keep the cost the same for everyone until you find a better way to balance things in game that effect EVERYONE.
    I seriously do not understand how do you plan to balance the game by simply increasing the cost of units and hitting only part of the community.I seriously have problems to understand the logic on this.
  7. Persecutor

Persecutor Troll Unchained

Seriously folks... cant you read what elie posted just above your comments? O_o
    Sucker likes this.
  8. Jagaya

Jagaya [10] Legend

Level:
    Leader(s):
    llewxaM
    Felneus
    I can explain this: 7* units are extremely good. People with low level cannot use them, due to the cost of 7* units.

The higher the level, the higher the maxCost people can use and the better the team, people can build. You knew, a full 7* team costs more than a 5* team. However nobody considers this nerfs that "keep effecting only ppl who are less than lv 229".
    GumiEU decided "those units are extremely strong, so they should have really high cost" and so they raised the cost. Just like 7* have higher cost than 6*. Only that GumiEU didn't realize this after the introduction of the units.
    Stronger Unit -> higher cost.
    Those are strong units -> they deserve higher cost.

I think many people get something wrong: this is not about nerfing the USE of the units, but about the USABILITY. Just like you need another certification to drive a car, than to drive a truck. The truck does not become worse, just harder to use.
    And that is the point of the cost-increase. The units are not getting nerfed, becouse they are TO strong, they just get harder to use, becouse they are VERY strong.
  9. Persecutor

Persecutor Troll Unchained

im maybe a moderatroll but that im also a moderator with all the delete and/or ban implications that come with, not for threatning just FYI

you wrote a nice comment (with some troll here and there) but sadly without proposing any costs propositons, so your 2nd comment is still off topic

"rebalancing due to cost are not really that relevant" well in this topic, it is that's why im telling for the second time now that you are off topic
    Kzar Dragon likes this.
  10. Kzar Dragon

Kzar Dragon [11] Grandmaster

Friend ID:
    Level:
    270+
    Leader(s):
    Di tutto e di più, venghino signori :D
    Nemethgear should be nerfed, if only a little bit. Reis plz, he is even deader now, give him 38 cost or something, people will never use him this way.
  11. AizenMyo

AizenMyo [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Arthur, Perceval, Magena
    Quaid [Arena]
    [Pretty much any unit upon request]
    *sigh*
    you have been warned several time for going offtopic, yet you persists on going offtopic to FH, which has no relevancy to the costnerfs.
    If you would read the announcements by elie properly, you would know that there are cost restricitions for future challenging content planned which are ignoring the summoner levels.

now, it's time you cool down your head for a while and to assist you there: you get a 1 day ban for now.
  12. Leonhart

Leonhart [9] Master

Friend ID:
    Leader(s):
    Millia(R)/Dizzy(A)/Rain(A)/Lucy(B)
    They will already nerf this in the next patch, if right now you can get :
    This patch 100k damage = 10k damage(90% mitigation)

After nerf:
    100k damage -80% -> 20k damage -10%(Magena Barrier) = 18k damage, i.e. after nerf Magena barrier only add 2% mitigation overall with 80% base(50+15+15 is unnafected), for a total of 80+2=82% combined.
    This is how it works on Global or JP.
    Note : Mitigation on Guard(some LS or items has it) is applies in the same manner as Elemental barriers.

On topic: i still think cost increase +1, +2 or decrease -1, -2, etc, doesn't really changes anything(unless it's 4-5-6 cost change), better focus your attention and time on some other important things/stuff, rather than Cost.
    The main issue i see with this is:
    i know that Gumi EU tries to make content more challenging, but still, until those "Cost or Star restricted dungeons" are implemented, it's hard to judge unit cost decrease/increase.(right now it's just a matter of grind)
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  13. Broekie-Chan

Broekie-Chan [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Cobalt
    Surt
    -_- why don,t they just use unit restiction
    Or that you need a Special unit just like exenon? And estasia? Got it wrong?
  14. Jagaya

Jagaya [10] Legend

Level:
    Leader(s):
    llewxaM
    Felneus
    They don't use unit restriction, becouse they don't want to restrict the units.
    They don't make something like Xenon and Estia becouse... Sry I don't even understand what you are thinking. X&E were cheap and weak farmable units. Everyong had the chance to grab them, unlike pretty much any usefull unit in the current game. I assume Gumi didn't do this, becouse it would be much worse, assuming this would somehow make any sense.
  15. dgames

dgames [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    I think these changes are pointless, they will only hinder new players progress and push them away from the game.

While the heavy gemmers and older players will keep using the units they want without any problems
  16. rokki82

rokki82 [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    400+
    na, it actually makes sense .. what's the point in having 5 and 6* units when new players just rush through quests with one single 7* unit on their team? especially for harder content like ggc and trials.
    on a sidenote - the more you progress, the less you care about the changes .. i don't mind them anymore ^^ instead of having a full 7* team after gaining 7 more levels i now need 30 more. after grinding fourfold pillar day in / day out it just doesn't make a difference anymore :smirk:
    Mirage likes this.
  17. Leonhart

Leonhart [9] Master

Friend ID:
    Leader(s):
    Millia(R)/Dizzy(A)/Rain(A)/Lucy(B)
    @gumi Elie After analysing CR, i think you should increase Gazolina 6* cost from 28 to 33.
    With all those cost restrictions she is #1 OP unit now and that's made all this "CR thing" pointless. Just swap one of your units for Gazolina and get -12 or -20(example) to your total cost.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.