Important Creativity Contest | Design our next NeoAvalon Unit: Gwenevere!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by gumi Elie, Dec 16, 2016.

1. gumi Elie

gumi Elie English Community Manager Staff Member

Creativity Contest
    Design the next NeoAvalon Unit: Gwenevere!

[​IMG]

Summoners,

Brave Frontier RPG has always been an evolving experience not only shaped for you, our awesome community, but also shaped by your desires! Today, we'd like to make one of them come true!

We never cease to be delighted by your dedication and motivation, and to thank you for your support and passion throughout 2016, we're launching our most ambitious contest yet!

It's been a while since we've challenged your creativity, so we're back in full force with a very special idea: design from the ground-up a Unit's Artwork, Lore & Skills to be included in our NeoAvalon series! All you'll need to work with is her name, Gwenevere!

Don't miss your chance to help us create a Unit that will make it into the game and get your hands on extraordinary rewards! Keep reading for all details!

Preface

Before we begin, allow us to share the story that inspired us to launch this contest!

At the very end of Summer, a very unusual package found its way to our office in Paris. Imagine our surprise when we saw it contained nothing less than a complete fanmade Unit Series, printed and sorted in 6 folders, sent to us directly from Sweden!

[​IMG]

This absolutely stunning creation had it all, from the 4 evolutions artworks for 6 characters to their detailed lore, stats, skills, and even fusion/summon comments! It was all there, accompanied by a very heartfelt letter by 2 passionate fans, Rasmus (BFRPG Name: Ace Cardo, Forum: @Sky Knight Zazamus) & Samuel (BFRPG Name: Clown).

[​IMG]
    From left to right: @gumi Kazuo, @gumi Trawl , @gumi Elie & @gumi Nocralas

• When asked about what inspired them, they replied:
    "Both of us started playing after the 1st Brave Frontier RPG Anniversary, and shared a common interest into the game. We really adore looking at all the sick fanart and of course the official art! So with all these cool artworks from the European/Global/Japan servers as inspiration, we took our Summer vacation to start this project, and became really proud and satisfied of the result. Still, we're already working on a follow-up batch!"

[​IMG]

We can't thank them enough for taking the time to craft all of this and send it to us.

Over the years, just like them, a lot of our fans have made countless suggestions, posted many ideas and went as far as to create their own Brave Frontier RPG characters, lore, fan fiction, and much more, obviously leading to the fabled question: "Can it be released in the game?"

With NeoAvalon Season 2, we believe we've come up with the best opportunity to grant that wish and release the first Unit entirely crafted by our fans. Just like Rasmus and Samuel did, we can't wait for you all to surprise us!

Creativity Contest | Design Gwenevere
    Contest dates: December 16 2016, 17:00 CET to January 8 2017, 23:59 CET.

Gwenevere is the next female character for the NeoAvalon series, to be released with a Dream Evolution. In this creativity contest, we're letting our fans design her from the ground up!

• Do what you do best!

Gwenevere will need Artwork, Lore and Skills! Don't worry, you won't have to do them all! This contest is divided into 3 Categories, and you can participate in any of them, or even all of them.

You can only submit ONE ENTRY per Category! Take your time to give us your best idea!

Categories are all detailed at the bottom of this article, so keep reading!

• Get awesome rewards!

There will be separate winners and rewards for each of the 3 Categories (Artwork, Lore and Skills).

When the contest is over, #1 winning entries for each Category will be combined to create the final Gwenevere Unit, releasing in Early 2017!

Last but not least, while the contest is ongoing, we'll even send a Gem to all players every time we're impressed by someone's entry, so give it your all!

• How do I participate?

Submit your entries in the Participation Thread.

Only ONE message per participant is allowed.
    Only ONE entry is allowed per Category.

You are free to edit your message as many times as you like while the contest is ongoing!

CLICK HERE TO PARTICIPATE!

Submissions will end on Sunday, January 8 2017, 23:59 CET, after which winners will be elected and rewards distributed the following week.​

Category 1 | Artwork

• Instructions

Come up with Gwenevere's Dream Evolution design.

She must be a female character, but all her other traits are up to you (i.e. human, cyborg, robot, etc.) as long as it makes sense in the NeoAvalon universe!

Entries will be judged by gumi Europe's Art team.

• Rules & Requirements

Not respecting the Rules of Conduct of our forum, or any of the rules and requirements listed below, will disqualify your entry.

1. Your entry must primarily be a picture file of the character with a minimum resolution of 1280x720 pixels (i.e. PNG, JPEG, PDF). Any kind of art style is accepted (i.e. pixel art, painting, hand drawn).
    2. Animations are not accepted (i.e. GIF, videos).
    3. The entire character must be seen, from top to bottom. There can also be annotations to describe your design choices.
    4. Your entry cannot contain any existing artwork from Brave Frontier RPG or sources other than your own.

• Rewards

Grand Prize
    • Your design for Gwenevere will be used by our Art team.
    • 100 Gems :gem: + 1 RoboFrog :robofrog: + Gwenevere in the Type of your choice

2nd Prize
    • 75 Gems :gem: + 1 RoboFrog :robofrog: + Gwenevere in the Type of your choice

3rd Prize
    • 50 Gems :gem: + Gwenevere in the Type of your choice

4th to 10th Prize
    • 25 Gems :gem:

Category 2 | Lore

• Instructions

Come up with Gwenevere's Dream Evolution story so that it fits with the current NeoAvalon Lore.
    Any bonds between Gwenevere and other characters from the NeoAvalon story are up to you.

Arthurian legends can be a source of inspiration, but must not necessarily be followed.

Entries will be judged by gumi Europe's Community Management team.

• Rules & Requirements

Not respecting the Rules of Conduct of our forum, or any of the rules and requirements listed below, will disqualify your entry.

1. Your entry must be in English. Note: You will only be judged on the story itself.
    2. Don't write a novel! :p Keep your entry below 3,000 characters.
    Your entry must at least have Gwenevere's background story. Fusion comments or other text can be added for further development of the character's personality, but won't be judged.
    4. Your entry must primarily be about Gwenevere's personal story, but there can be context about other characters.

• Rewards

Grand Prize
    • Your story for Gwenevere will be used by our team.

2nd prize

3rd prize

4th to 10th prize

Category 3 | Skills

• Instructions

Come up with Gwenevere's Dream Evolution Skills and Enhancements.
    They must be based on existing effects, and should fit the game's current meta with proper balance.

Entries will be judged by gumi Europe's Game Design team.

• Rules & Requirements

1. All skill descriptions must be in English. You do not need to give them names.
    2. Your entry must contain all Dream Evolution Skills: 1 Leader Skill, 1 Extra Skill, 1 Brave Burst, 1 Super Brave Burst, 1 Ultimate Brave Burst, as well as exactly 10 Enhancements.
    3. You can point out that part of your Extra Skill is meant to be activated by a Sphere, but that is optional. Designing said Sphere is also optional.
    4. Your entry can only include existing effects in Brave Frontier RPG. Invented effects are not allowed.
    5. Even if Gwenevere's Element is not decided yet, you're free to use any combination of Elements.

• Rewards

Grand Prize
    • Your skills for Gwenevere will be used by our Game Design Team.

2nd Prize

3rd Prize

4th to 10th Prize

Disclaimer

gumi Europe reserves the right to modify any #1 winning entry for obvious necessities such as game integration, technical limitations, meta balancing or other reasons. However, our main goal is to remain as faithful as possible to your designs so they still represent your intentions when they are brought to life in-game.

Should we not find a satisfying winner for any, if not all Categories, for any reason such as a lack of participants, our team will take it upon itself to complete all work on Gwenevere as we'd do for our other Units.​

We hope you'll enjoy this contest, Summoners!

We know we're very excited to see and read your creations, as always! Thank you for being so passionate about Brave Frontier RPG!

Good luck to all participants!

- The Brave Frontier RPG Team​
    stonebird, Marcman, Spardaco and 4 others like this.
  2. Lindbrum

Lindbrum English Wiki Administrator

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    llewxaM, Herald of Yggdrasil, Magena, Capricorn, Avant
    TheAlphaOmega likes this.
  3. Lightwolf74

Lightwolf74 [7] Hero

@gumi Elie, so if I have understand correctly, I don't have to give a name to the leader skill/extra skill and various abilities? And even if i name them all, the names won't be taken in account as for the fusion/evolution text in the lore contest?
  4. gumi Kazuo

gumi Kazuo Aymarks Fanboy Staff Member

Leader(s):
    Give me Aymarks Dream Evolution plzplzplz
    It can be taken in account if relevant :)

Also, as I'm part of the judging team, I want to add that it will be better if the power level of your unit match the EU meta (let's say for this winter).

You can also add some notes to justify your choices, for example utility in whatever mode or connection with your created lore.

Small advice : try to get away from the existing Neo Avalon units. It's fine if your Gwenevere share some skills (it will be unavoidable) but don't forget to give her an identity among these units.

Good luck summoners ! May the creativity be with you !
  5. ArrowVl

ArrowVl [6] Champion

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Libra
    Magena
    Capricorn
    Avant
    Yo, im still making my Lore, but in it i wanted to consider the presence of Lancelot (and i wanted to consider him a water unit for a tri elemental BB). Is that all right or...? I mean, not like she only works with Lancelot as a unit (my first try was That, but i edited it), it is just a way to put him somewhere, cause in the Camelot Arc (the real one) Lancelot is way too important.
    gumi Florian likes this.
  6. titsandass

titsandass [7] Hero

Totally a noob question but how do I post my ultra super tremendous incredible lore , I just can't find the button and if it's reply , it tells me that I have unapropriate content
  7. Anvenjade

Anvenjade [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Magena, Cornelius, llewxaM
    Well, reading the participation thread really makes me think nobody has an idea what balance is.

Edit: ♥♥♥♥ balance. Arthur & Lancelot DEs clearly don't care about them.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  8. gumi Florian

gumi Florian Creative Director Staff Member

Leader(s):
    Ninmah
    Lancelot is dark ;)
    broekie likes this.
  9. Broekie-Chan

Broekie-Chan [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Cobalt
    Surt
    Ilimunati OverConfirmed
  10. ArrowVl

ArrowVl [6] Champion

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Libra
    Magena
    Capricorn
    Avant
    Well, perfect then.
    Even tho i edited my post as i saw the news, that message was made before the news came out.
    So, my post is already edited, but im happy i can use him.
  11. Leonhart

Leonhart [9] Master

Friend ID:
    Leader(s):
    Millia(R)/Dizzy(A)/Rain(A)/Lucy(B)
    @gumi Elie
    Question, can i add "what will happen in the future" to the lore part? Which itself is not a lore, but a short notes of "possibly story" that will happen in the future in our current Neo Avalon chapter.
  12. gumi Elie

gumi Elie English Community Manager Staff Member

Yeah, sure!
  13. Leonhart

Leonhart [9] Master

Friend ID:
    Leader(s):
    Millia(R)/Dizzy(A)/Rain(A)/Lucy(B)
    Thanks for reply!
    Still ended up with wall of text, though.
    Brb, filming my own Neo Avalon Saga movie.
    MrSnuggles likes this.
  14. Kanzaki

Kanzaki [8] Elite

I dont think saying this is gonna be worth any cents but it means the world for me.

I sooooo totaly wish Gwenevere will get a design MUCH alike SOPHITIA from soul calibur 4 with BB ability 0 atk with BB per turn and mitigation and status immune. And SBB with 40 atacks - add all elements + elemental damage and + atk for elements

and SP enhancements with no emphasis on def, mitigation or survival. Just emphasis on sbb and bb
  15. Lazzo

Lazzo [8] Elite

Would be cool if you made a video how you bring Gwenevere to life!
  16. Arge93

Arge93 [7] Hero

If the pic for the contest is a photo taken by phone, is it valid?
    Because i haven't a scanner
  17. Gg.Ch_1929

Gg.Ch_1929 [2] Amateur

Category:Artwork
    ID:11311141
    Name: Hope shimmer Gwenevere
    Element:Earth IMG_0239.JPG
  18. Broekie-Chan

Broekie-Chan [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Cobalt
    Surt
    You posted on the wrong part of the forum --______________--
  19. Gg.Ch_1929

Gg.Ch_1929 [2] Amateur

Category : Skills
    ID:11311141
    Leader Skill: Supernatural Help
    50% boost to DEF and HP, negates all status ailments and elemental damage , boosts DEF after taking 10000 damage for 2 turns (30%)

Extra Skill: Artefacts of the Savior
    If "Neo-Amulette" is equipped, 30% to all parameters and negates status ailments and elemental damage & if "Crown of Gwenevere" is equipped, boosts DEF and HP of all units ( 20%) and reduces crit. and spark damage after taking 10000 damage for 2 turns ( 30%).

Brave Burst: Hope of Avalon
    15-Hit combo Earth-Light attack on all foes, boosts HP ( 20%) for 2 turns, cures status ailments for 3 turns and boosts allies BB-gauge (4-7 Bc).

Super Brave Burst: Avalons Shield
    22-hit combo earth-light attack on all foes greatly restores HP, boosts DEF and REC (150%) and HP (30%) for 2 turns and boosts allies BB-gauge (6-7 Bc) when taking damage for 3 turns.

Ultimate Brave Burst: Shimmer of light
    28-Hit combo earth-light Attack on all foes boosts DEF and REC (300%) and HP (40%) for 3 turns, enormously restores HP, boosts allies BB-gauge (9 Bc) when taking damage for 4 turns and adds earth and light element to Attacke for 3 turns.

Sp Skill:
    20sp: 30% to all parameters
    10sp: boosts damage reduction (15%)
    20sp: reduces crit. and spark damage in BB/SBB/UBB (20%)
    10sp: cures all status ailments in SBB for 3 turns
    30sp: restores every round 1500-2500 HP
    30sp: Boosts OD-gauge fill rate (10%)
    50sp: adds all elements to SBB and Ubb for 3 turns
    40sp: adds status ailments to SBB
    60sp: adds earth barrier to SBB (30% reduction to crit, spark and damage)
    80sp: fills BB-gauge right at start of quest by 50%
  20. Gg.Ch_1929

Gg.Ch_1929 [2] Amateur

Where do I have to post?
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017