Brave Frontier: The Last Summoner | A new game from gumi Inc.

Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by gumi Elie, Jun 8, 2018.

1. gumi Elie

gumi Elie English Community Manager Staff Member

Brave Frontier: The Last Summoner
    A new game from gumi Inc.

[​IMG]

To our wonderful community of Summoners,

Today is a special and exciting day for gumi Inc. and all Brave Frontier fans around the world! All of our studios worldwide are extremely proud of how far the Brave Frontier franchise has grown over the years, shaped by our passionate fan base, and we are now welcoming a new addition to the saga!

From gumi comes Brave Frontier: The Last Summoner, a completely original, full-fledged mobile JRPG set in the Brave Frontier extended universe! This free-to-play adventure will be available on iOS, Android and Amazon devices… sooner than you think and Worldwide!

WHAT IS BRAVE FRONTIER: THE LAST SUMMONER?

Well, you've certainly noticed the name "Brave Frontier" in there, haven't you?

This is no small spin-off title! Where Brave Frontier 2 in Japan acts as the direct sequel to Brave Frontier’s original story, Brave Frontier: The Last Summoner explores a completely new branch of the story set a thousand years later and leaving Grand Gaia behind.

In this standalone adventure, you'll meet a new cast of characters as you unravel the mysteries of a new world! But who knows, maybe you'll run into familiar faces anyway...

Breaking with tradition to innovate in graphical prowess, this new addition to the Brave Frontier franchise was crafted with a splendid state-of-the-art HD 2D design, bringing all character artworks to life like never before!

Get your first look at gameplay right now on the official The Last Summoner Facebook page: Click here!.​

A NEW JOURNEY BEGINS... SOON!

The Last Summoner promises to be an extraordinary adventure for all Brave Frontier and JRPG fans, and we are very excited about Brave Frontier, Brave Frontier 2 in Japan and Brave Frontier: The Last Summoner internationally standing together for all our fans to enjoy!​

We're sure you've got tons of questions for which we've definitely got some answers! Take a look right below and go check the official The Last Summoner Facebook page to get more details!

- The Brave Frontier Teams​

F.A.Q.

Is this Brave Frontier 2?
    No, Brave Frontier: The Last Summoner and Brave Frontier 2 are separate games, each telling their own story within the large Brave Frontier universe.

What about Brave Frontier RPG?
    Brave Frontier RPG is still supported by its development team, and is separate from the Last Summoner’s development team.
    Decartes and Solarance like this.
  2. Bruh

Bruh [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    felice, avant, sirius, heinrich, arthur, laberd
    So is this eu only or an international thing
  3. Solarance

Solarance English Wiki Bureaucrat

Friend ID:
    Level:
    383+
    In two separate occasions it says a worldwide/international release, please read...
  4. metamon

metamon [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    500+
    Leader(s):
    Lucy on mondays.
    So the characters have mouth now?
  5. Aremo

Aremo [7] Hero

Feel weird seeing them with mouth, it just feel doesn't right at all. Plus motion tween aren't my kinda thing I like in game.
  6. Broekie-Chan

Broekie-Chan [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Gumi Yuki
    I have so many questions.

first off, first impression: what is that art style, i don't like that art style, they could have just kept the pixel art i guess. i only so short of a snippy that i can't make out if this is just a gif or a trailer, so i have alot of questions that needs to be anwsered by the gumi staff.

A, What happens to bfprg 1?

B, Is the Eu staff gonna (genderbender) with global staff?

C, does that game have same core mechanics, you know. Press bb to REEEEEEEE, hopefully not any of that ffbe spells, so annoying to use. And if it has diffrent mechanics, you are walking on eggshells, showing a community a whole diffrent game that what they are used to can repel them...

D, Are there gonna be official trailers available in other games as a AD? You need some promotion cause you can't rely on this corpse of a community, neither global.

E, is it gonna be at least be more f2p friendly? i think you realize what a warzone you have made this game right?

F, are some characters from bf1 (or exclusives) returning to this game?

G, what does jpn think about it? They gave you permission to use copyright brave frontier

H, how long took this game to develop? And had you have fun with it?

I, is this the reason (development of the game) that there has bin a lack of updates / fixes / staff? I could assume so

J, how much do you like the game right now? Or are there still some inprovements to be made?

K, Can you show us some spoilers before i run to another realm? This game seems scary from what it currently is now and i need some gaps filled, and hype is a good method to get more players, the trailer was lackluster...

Tag: @gumi Elie @gumi Nocralas @gumi Kazuo
    M1K3Th3GAM3R likes this.
  7. Gusto

Gusto [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Anything non meta
    That 37 second trailer didn´t really provide any significant information about the game, but then again, it´s not like these "Free-2-Play" mobile games ever get good trailers. One intriguing tidbit of information I found is that the game is "a strategy high battle by 25 vs 25 unit is possible" (translated by google translator from gamebiz.jp article). Sounds like you can have 25 units in your team.
  8. Heidenherz

Heidenherz [12] Almighty

Leader(s):
    Aleksandra
    Why would they not get the permission to do it?
    Fun Fact time: *plays some gameshow tune*
    In case someone did not know it: Alim = gumi = Alim = gumi ... they are one and the same, Alim was founded by gumi Inc. to help the development of new IPs and was later bought and integrated into gumi Inc. Here: http://www.gu3.co.jp/en/history-en/
  9. Paul51

Paul51 [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Los que necesites papu :D
    I unistalled the game so I think I won’t be the last summoner

+999999 humor
  10. Broekie-Chan

Broekie-Chan [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level: