Brave Frontier 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by broekie, Dec 28, 2016.

1. TheAlphaOmega

TheAlphaOmega [Moderator] Forenfee

Friend ID:
    Level:
    300+
    Leader(s):
    Star Prince Nekky
    Guys, I moved your posts into a new thread to clear up the other one.
    Feel free to discuss here but not in a other thread.
    Aidanyaman likes this.
  2. Zanmatou

Zanmatou [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Any useful Lead in current Meta for Content we dont have :p
    TheAlphaOmega likes this.
  3. broekie

broekie [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Avant Omni evolution
    Capricorn
    Arthur
    *~* I am impressed with your magic
  4. Gerrion

Gerrion [8] Elite

4 points that i need to speak about this new development. This is a very lenghty wall, with my honest thoughts about it, so plan to read it when you have the time. I've made a TL:DR in the end, just for those a hurry.

-> First off, thanks to @TheAlphaOmega for moving this conversation unto another thread, allowing a better discussion about the topic while avoiding needless searching. I do hope that @gumi Elie makes an official reply later on January.

-> Second, I've checked the source (thanks, @broekie ) and it is indeed a legitimate event. I've seen both Ushi Gaming videos about the issue (the NicoNico reveal and the tweet notice), and i thank him for relying this information to us with an english translation.

-> Third, my opinions on Brave Frontier's future with these news.

I am happy that the game is reaching a lore closure (not a server closure - BF accounts will still be avainable, so all of us can still admire our EU exclusive units by 2018) and that the story is moving on. Two other games that i played a lot on my phone - and loved dearly - didn't have such luck, with one being suddenly closed during its second arc (some might know which), and another deviating from its original plot so much that it became a shallow husk of its former self. I am relieved to know that alim and gumi are allowing Brave Frontier to grow in a different direction, with said direction's outcome being uncertain to many including myself, and trying different pathways in an attempt to keep the game fresh.

I see that BF1 is planned to remain as a completed game by 2018, still avainable to players to play and have fun with, though most events will most likely be automated ones, since most of the "human care" will go to BF 2. What players can achieve though is a COMPLETE list of all the units, gaining bragging rights among the BF community. I'll tip my hat to those few once BF1 reaches its end.

I do want players to note that their actions on both announcing said move a whole year ahead of time, while also announcing that they've started workng on the sequel 6 months in advance make me believe that, should their company be properly fueled with logistic/strategic/marketing/number-crunching resources, they are aware of lower funds due to their news for a whole year, with the subscription-based model for the game being a marketing "what-if" solution should their funds plummet even lower than expected (WARNING: the underlined section is based on my own thoughts - take them with a grain of salt). I do thank them about warning the public about such a huge event in advance, so that we can properly prepare for the move. It does, however, open a large window of time to allow a hype train - our thoughts must remain concised and avoid deviations from what BF trully is. Remember the skies without men.

I am looking forward to the sequel, picturing a protagonist that can now take blade and enter the fray. I am hopeful in that they have learned lessons about power creep from the first game and strive to make it less prominent. I am anxious about possible unique costumization for said avatar, both free, paid and locked behind challenges, to make us feel unique from others in multiplayer content and in the Friend List (that crown from Arthur? Imagine yourself wearing it!) (AGAIN: underlined words are my sole thoughts).

-> And fourth, my actions in 2017.

I will keep playing BF for as long as it remains the BF that i enjoy. I will still buy the ocasional packs when they appear, and do some summons should the units gain my interest. However, i will not invest beyond what i'll have at the time, and surrender should RNG bite me below my back with what i had (Lid and Lancelot made me invest a bit heavier than usual, though to no avail...).

I'll attempt to be more alert of potential game testing should they announce it. I've had some Alpha/Beta experiences, and i can further help with what i know/can should questions come my way. All to make BF2 a better place for everyone.

TL:DR - alim's actions towards BF2 look sincere from my view, and warning us way in advance gives us the chance to help steer BF's future in the right way should alim and gumi remain open to us. alim (and gumi) plan to keep the evolution as fresh as possible, and i welcome the chance to place myself in battle. Feel free to keep suporting BF1 during 2017, but don't overcommit yourself if your funds are as limited as mine.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    broekie likes this.
  5. broekie

broekie [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Avant Omni evolution
    Capricorn
    Arthur
    SALT.