Answers | September 20 2016 | About upcoming Game Balance fixes

Discussion in 'Blog' started by gumi Elie, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Haxxxxx

Haxxxxx [8] Elite

Level:
    Leader(s):
    Arthur Omni
    Juno-Seto Omni
    Ensa-Taya Omni
    Magena 7*
    Lancelot Omni
    Santa 6*
    Lucy Omni
    All FFBE Omni
    Why did you not work into making balanced content and decided to release broken units for months?
    Edit: damn too late to get an answer, godbless all these well known active souls, who made the questions we all had and were oh so polite to the dev team. Just weird going into news discussion, then here, and something feeling off. Right, the whole fking thread...

I personally loved pierluigi18 who, in the mayhem of all the mechanical nerfs, has only 2 issues. When is double abp and what will happen to the shapeshifters. I mean... ♥♥♥♥ing....shapeshifters, in the middle of the nerf bomb. And you better believe both questions have an interesting coming soon... type of answer, self promoting future content in a QnA smh gumi. Trying to push an agenda on an event where there should be free speech. If you really cared about what the community thinks, you wouldn't spend time answering yourself (probably a poor intern), and this whole QnA wouldn't look so clean.
    This kind of scummy behaviour pisses me the f off. You could have changed jp content, you were just too lazy or greedy, and pushed units that you knew would get nerfed for months. It's just bad practice, lack of ethics and lazyness/greed. Scummy scummy thing to do.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  2. tomboobs

tomboobs [3] Experienced

It was bad, you didnt answer me and it seems you Never will. I had 2 questions, 2nd one was answered from another guy.
    But my most important question didnt get an answer
  3. Mishikasei

Mishikasei Moderator of Three Worlds

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Waifu leads, tendentially Lucy.
    Can change lead by request, just ask me.
    About my question, I was thinking some eu exclusives should have a higher bc when hit, because meta 7 stars have 4-7 bc when hit, or higher % of atk, def and rec buff.
  4. BraveSummoner

BraveSummoner [11] Grandmaster

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Felneus 6* max Sbb 10
    Kikuri 6* lvl 95 Sbb 10
    Zebra 5* lvl 73 bb 10
    Leon 3* lvl 38
    Have you think to put an option to skip animation in Arena?
    that timer doesn't work at all also!
  5. gumi Florian

gumi Florian Creative Director Staff Member

Leader(s):
    Ninmah
    Witch one are you thinking of?
  6. gumi Florian

Leader(s):
    Ninmah
    What was your question?
  7. _Lax

_Lax [12] Almighty

Friend ID:
    Leader(s):
    sur demande
    @gumi Florian
    Why did you skip my questions ? é_è
    I'm sad :cry: I even posted them a few hours ago in the french section but nope :dead:
  8. Bobington V Bee

Bobington V Bee [8] Elite

Thank you guys !! It was really satisfying to read your thought about various process, and i strongly hope that we will have more Q&A in the near future, it feel really more understable that way and we can talk to gumi yo.

(I missed it i forgot it was today f*ck ;_;)
    gumi Florian likes this.
  9. gumi Florian

Leader(s):
    Ninmah
    You can ask again here.
    _Lax likes this.
  10. _Lax

_Lax [12] Almighty

Friend ID:
    Leader(s):
    sur demande
    There you go, with little corrections to make them less salty and more accurate huhuhu

• 1. Do you (gumi) play to the other versions of Brave Frontier or try to know the mechanics of BF ? Several times I felt like this was not the case, for example when you designed Crash Belt : his LS seem to make a powerful combo with his SBB but in fact EWD does not apply to buffed elements. This does also apply for all the (too) powerful exclusive units we got.
    • 2. Why did gumi continue to release even more powerful units (and spheres) after the Neo Avalon series ? At this time you knew that your exclusives were too strong and that releasing more powerful units and spheres would have broken the game (you received many warnings from the community). Its even stranger considering the fact that the Grail was not a 30% all stats sphere ! (at this time I thought that skalmold's heart would be the last and only sphere to get 30% all stats)
    • 3. Why did you make Skalmold's 7(*) that weak ? She doesn't even compete with the old 7(*) units, and Llewxam was quite strong. Whyyyyyyyyyy ? :cry: Rebalancing is good, but you made her far too weak IMO.
    • 4. Why didn't gumi speed up the releasing of vanilla content after the first try to rebalance using cost limitations ? Several people (including me) suggested that as the best solution to compensate the strength of available units at this time (I do not talk about the gap between exclusive units and JP units but about the gap between all units (inc. JP units) and content).
    • 5. Do you plan to speed up the releasing of content NOW ? Even if exclusive units are nerfed, JP units are still way to strong for actual challenges. Without speeding things up, this huge gap between units and content will never disappear. EDIT : You said that you wanted to close the gap with JP and Global, but will you prioritize on content (more than units) ?
    • 6. Do you plan to modify the difficulty of the coming JP content to make it fit with our current units' strength ? I mean, if you release GQ and RC6 these modes will be to easy to beat => not much motivation for us to play the game (sadly). I feel like there are some cool things that can be done, especially with Raid since we can play with up to 3 other players.
    Thanks !
    Adrian37 likes this.
  11. gumi Florian

Leader(s):
    Ninmah
    1)Current design team is well aware about the way elemental buffs are applied. Modifications of that rule could be interesting but should be look really carefully.
    2) About the sphere clearly because a big part of the community desired pushed in that direction ( around the first series of UC ). About the units, Yes, they are strong but if you don't know how to use them, how to build a team, what is the pattern of the challenge... you will still be unable to beat half of the end content. Brave Frontier is a really great hardcore game but some players want to be able to have a way to ease the content, through really great units. They are not all hardcore players. That's why we don't touch units like Magena, Arthur... The current modifications are more about making incoming challenging enjoyable without having some skills effects or use of sphere felt like cheat mode. At the same time we are strongly listening to the feedbacks of the hardcore players and we are monitoring carefully next exclusivities. Game designers are aiming to bring you more options, more complex team building. The right balance between more midcore/casual desire and hardcore desire is indeed a difficult one to find.
    3) We don't feel it that way but if there's a strong wish of the community to increase her power we will look at it. (I'm feeling a strong disturbance in your desire for units power level here)
    4-5) We are not that behind other versions for quests, ggc, trials and units. So we are curently working on the missing aspect of the game and new exclusive game modes.

6)We will not modify original content but we will look in how we could give them some fresh additionals and optionals features. Rift and raid interaction is a good example.

Thanks for your questions and the low salt, I'm currently on a diet and need to avoid it. :)
  12. Woltar

Woltar [8] Elite

My questions didn't be answered yet...
    Please, answer me
  13. _Lax

_Lax [12] Almighty

Friend ID:
    Leader(s):
    sur demande
    @gumi Florian
    that was juste an example ! I don't want you to change this behavior ! :eek:
    I was wondering if Crash Belt's LS was intentional or if it was because gumi didn't know how things work (because it looks like a trap for people who don't know these mechanics ^^ )

3. believe me, Skalmold is really trash tier ATM, except in arena where she's only good

6. nooooo please no more Raid farm :cry: RC6 is boring enough, don't push us to our limit :winkxf:

thanks for the answers
    Poulpator likes this.
  14. Arge93

Arge93 [7] Hero

Will all the EU excisive batch get a 7/omni evolution?
    Say IT! Will badlands were the first to get the omni way? I hope they
  15. Mishikasei

Mishikasei Moderator of Three Worlds

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Waifu leads, tendentially Lucy.
    Can change lead by request, just ask me.
    I was thinking about these following units:
    -Morgana: buff her spark dmg % to about 80% or 90% to make her relevant
    -Perceval: buff his tri stat to 110% or 120% to be a viable unit.
    -Merlin: make his bc when attacked 4-7 bc just like standard 7 stars alim units
    -Yggdrasil: buff her hp->def to 20% because 10% is too low to be a relevant buff or make it atk->def with a 60% buff. At least she would be worth the money.
    -Virgo: same as ygg. Give her cure ailments to bb or sbb or both to be more useful.
    -Acquarius: same as merlin.
    -Pisces: same as merlin.
    -Arthur: buff his bb to make crit to 60% otherwise it's pointless to use it.
    -Skalmold: buff her ailments proc to 60% or give it also to sbb.
    These are some that I thought and thanks for answering 1 of my questions.
  16. tomboobs

tomboobs [3] Experienced

My question was: "We, players, all knew that exclusive units are broken. Arthur batch, 4 op units on 6 New. And then exclusive units kept becoming stronger and more op. You released 15 exclusive units in less than a month and at least 5 of them were metabreaker. And the spheres too are op. You say the new content from japan will be destroyed with ease, that's why you nerf. But we all know it since more than 6 months!!!! Why do you nerf now and not before???? I have the feeling you just made all this for players to pay a lot for op content and waited the last moment to announce this. Thats what i feel."

TLDR: why nerf now and not before, while everyone knew it was needed?
  17. BraveSummoner

BraveSummoner [11] Grandmaster

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Felneus 6* max Sbb 10
    Kikuri 6* lvl 95 Sbb 10
    Zebra 5* lvl 73 bb 10
    Leon 3* lvl 38
    I have a quest also..
    Arena is so much boring and annoying, wouldn't be a great improve if you can skip the fight go direct to results?
    It take much times each fight and you have to do thousands!
    You can put a little delay if you want..
    Do arena better please..
  18. Medeyah

Medeyah [9] Master

Where are the 7* evolutions for Mirror World units and the remaining Valhalla? :D
  19. Broekie-Chan

Broekie-Chan [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Cobalt
    Surt
    @gumi Elie @gumi Florian
    I really like your trial 'like' content but this is EU there is alomost no guide on this game so it would really piss me off when a boss insta kills you on the most random reason.

-One unit must have 'status aiment'

How the F are you gonna do that to complicated & risk of Death

-HUGE EoA. Like morded, it's a bit to much and encourages you to use a full magena team. Yo want that?

-Extreme low bc drop rate.
    Tried on the newest UC. Had the best bb spam squad ever and still i struggled alot keeping mitigation on.

-Every turn mitigation.
    Why do we have to do that constantly, yes it makes it harder but with those droprates you rely really on RNG. This is an Brain like game where you have to use yo brains and not RNG.

Hell even Mildran karna masta i could survive turns without mitigation. (Both forms)

-Recycle Content concept.
    Yggdrasil trial, just blend in all valhalla units let yggdrasil do nothing wiphile is is the spotlight of the trail & add some OP atk buffs on skamold so i die because RNG.

- What Difficulity spikes do i accept.
    1) Death swap (Kalon Menon)
    2) Warning AoE ▪ 1 turn to prepare.
    3) insta kill (single enemy) attacks every ? Turns guard to win
    4) limit bb/sbb usage (Max 3)
    5) bb removal. Max 40%
    6) bb sbb count attacks. Example Mildran. Every 5 bb's (Special attack)
    Every 3 times that Special attack is used (Super special attacks)
    7) Damage reflect (not to high)
    8) Lot of Hp not to much. For trials Max 10 Mil hp.
    9) Lower attack, so RNG would not ruin everything.
  20. Solarance

Solarance English Wiki Bureaucrat

Friend ID:
    Level:
    267+
    This should not be a problem in the near future about having no guides.