[AGR] Encounter Union 2016 (Apr/Jul) - Match 2

Discussion in 'Fan Art, Fiction & Videos' started by Gerrion, May 9, 2016.

?

Encounter Union 2016 - Third Match; Who will be victorious?

Poll closed May 19, 2016.
  1. Arthur

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Santa

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Gerrion

Gerrion [9] Master

Friend ID:
    Level:
    ~300
    Leader(s):
    Dream Arthur/Lucy
    Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls! War masters and battle maidens!

Welcome to the Artificial Gladiator Ring!!!

It is with great honor that i welcome you within this colosseum, magically imbued to appear in any corner of Grand Gaia! From the Breeze Beach to the Lomass Forest, no soul in the world will miss the cheers, the sparks, the magic - all will be able to taste the power that we present to you in its purest form.

Who would have thought that elemental advantage could be contradicted! In a twist of fate never seen before, Gazolina has prevailed against Thrud, thus advacing into the next round.

Please, observe the updated roster of our competition!

[​IMG]

In the Amber Corner...

Arthur!
    [​IMG]
    Origin: Kingdom of NeoAvalon
    Affiliations: Merlin (advisor), Viviane (friend and tutor), Perceval (friend and fellow knight)​

In a kingdom best known by the legend of NeoAvalon (a name which country folk gave to the kingdom by association) lived a young man in the comfort and honor of his home. His growth was peaceful, and in turn he wished to become one who could return the kindness. With the passing of the former good king, Arthur vowed to become king and continue the kingdom’s peace, now threatened to decay from its inner struggles.

As he went under the younger stages of knighthood alongside his inseparable friend Perceval, , improving upon his swordmanship and tactical thinking, he met an old man whose words were wise beyond his kingdom’s knowledge, befriending him as both indulged in daily conversations. At the peak of his training, a search for advice from the old man prompted Arthur to find “his true call” within a nearby mystic lake, where he saved a young girl from drowning. The girl, ever grateful to him, revealed herself as Viviane, holder of the ancient secrets of NeoAvalon. Believing in the young squire’s purity, she bestowed unto him a photon sword – the last boon that he needed to overcome the final trials and become a true knight.

In the short time that followed, the friendship between Arthur and Viviane grew. Arthur gave her friend hope and company, while she shared her society’s secret technological skills. Together, they created Galahad, a robotic companion that would help and advise Arthur while he was away from the mystical lake. Together, their efforts became to be known across Grand Gaia.

And in the Cobalt Corner...

Santa!
    [​IMG]
    Origin: Unknown North of Grand Gaia
    Affiliations: Priscilla (acquaintance)​

All children of Grand Gaia know of the elderly sage who lives in the far, untraveled lands of the north, kindly named Santa by young and old. Of how he and his elves toil to deliver hope to all in the Christmas Eve, wrapped under the guise of gifts and presents, memories and songs.

Those few who fate allowed a one-time meeting with the elder do their best to pass the elder’s joyful laughter, though none was able to master it as Santa. What they keep to themselves, though, is the mastery of Light magic that the elder possesses, stronger than most when the intent is to protect… or teach. Only a handful know his true power, including those heroes who once saved his toy factory.

An unique fight is about to unfold. On one side stands the promising youth that changed the course of an entire kingdom. But on the other side lies the joy of Christmas Eve, always reluctant in demonstrating his magical might, even if to protect others. How will each side fare with the other.

Cast your vote. Share your visions of grandeur. The Ring's sands will host the outcome!

Author's note:
    Yup, Gazolina did over Thrud's elemental strategy thanks to the support of the crowd. I don't know if this will upset fans, even if she won by one vote.
    But i tend to make it a resounding victory for writting the fiction, stating the power of the AGR that can even be beyond what the Arena can present.

Speaking of the fiction, some might notice my fiction is behind schedule. Unfortunatly, i have to announce that it'll have to be on hold.

The reason behind this is that i am qualifying to be part of a tenor choir in a major mass ("The Armed Man - A Mass for Peace", by Karl Jenkins) in the main concert hall of my town. During the last month, along with this upcoming one before the play (June 5th), the number of main reharsals has increased to ensure the quality of the amateur choir (by amateur they mean those who are not officially attending classes within the city's music academy). To make matters more difficult, a small choir team of professional singers was already hand-picked by the play's maestro, thus lowering the number of external candidates.

Because of this, i grew tense over the days. I couldn't find a rested break to continue my fiction. So, due to this turn of events, i will delay the fiction until at least mid of July, since university exams will be right around the corner after the major play.

I do apologize to all, but this is a moment of my life that i wish to make reality - to sing a major play, even if as part of a larger group, to all whom i hold dear - family, friends, colleagues and teachers.

Can't promise to snuck in a Youtube video of the performance somewhere within these forums. But i'll do my best in singing as if you all were part of the audience ^_^
    BraveSummoner likes this.
  2. Persecutor

Persecutor Troll Unchained

I dont believe in santa anymore, im too old for it xD
    Leonhart likes this.
  3. Gerrion

Gerrion [9] Master

Friend ID:
    Level:
    ~300
    Leader(s):
    Dream Arthur/Lucy
    I think you mean Earth's Santa. This one is definately real, or else he wouldn't be in your unit list :tonguewink:
    Persecutor likes this.
  4. Persecutor

Persecutor Troll Unchained

You got me xD