Adaptation of content for the reality of 2018

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mayar, May 13, 2018.

1. Mayar

Mayar [3] Experienced

In all games, it does not matter in mobile or desktop, when time passes the old content is adjusted to the reality of new content. This allows new players to quickly immerse themselves in the new game content, and old players to focus on new content.

Reduce the complexity of Mildran Karna Master - nerf him, this is content so old it's not funny any more...So many ppl drop game because of this guy. And today my friend give me his login so i can beat him for him, he just give up (This is actualy my 6 time i help my friends to beat him...). Problem right now is that game don't prapare you to this fight any more, new units are too powerfull, so you just auto battle all content. And then you just hit him and you stuck. If you don't watch guides, or don't read wiki, you don't have proper team build for this fight, you actually dead. Just let ppl enjoy story, you alredy have more than enough torment in vortex and trials.

Ok, this is was from my frinds... and now personal from me:
    We live in 2018 and you still have old content in game than limited in cost:
    Vortex - Avenging Angel (120/200 on last two), A Dark Ritual (170), The Queen's Awakening(170)
    Rifts - Pantheon of Valhalla (165) and ect.
    And in current meta and new units we have units that costs - from 50 to 60, so you need to clear them by using 2-3 units... nice and fun...
    This actually why Avatar Quest is boring, we will suffer but we will pass it with the help of dream evo units (even though their stats are cut), because there is no pleasure in using 5-7 stars of characters and there is no sense. Especially considering the fact that you yourself either do not support idea of using 5-7 stars and continue to release a new content for Vortex and trials that require meta characters. This in fact sometimes rise the question - What is the purpose of creating Avatar quest?
  2. Amanda_

Amanda_ [9] Master

I mean, Karma Masta is probably the only Hard content in the game (at least coming from Alim)... Plus I'm not even sure if you need to beat him to unlock Sarc, so skip him if you can't.
    the main weakness in your statement is that you always consider that people will only use GL/EU EX units. Remember that the game wasn't made for them. Literally . So it's kinda your fault you if you destroy all content until KM. Of course old quest are easy, because they were intended to be a challenge during a different meta (in general, quest are easy anyway). You said that units are too powerfull so you auto all content, shouldn't you tbe able to beat KM then(cause new unit are usually GL/EU EX, and they are far superior than JP units, while the boss was balanced for JP units) ?

Friendly reminder : BF is supposed to be Strategic.

As for your other arguments, then again no one force you to use 60 cost units. The challenge is actually team-building, where you have to choose wich units are worth compared to their cost. Since the limited-cost challenges are quite old, its a way to keep then challenging, because you have (way) stronger units but you can't bring them all.
    Also I don't understand your point with Avatar. 1) it was designed to be cleared with 5-6 stars units, so If your support the Idea to use the game the way it was intended, you have no problem. 2) why do you have to bring the most recent unit to Sarc ? Can't you make differenst teams ? It's not like Vortex and Sarc had the same requierment in the first place, so just take your meta character to Vortex and 5-6 stars units to Sarc.

btw, Sarc was created by Alim and not Gumi, so they aren't responsible ;).
  3. Mayar

Mayar [3] Experienced

Yes i understand that you trying to say. And this is actualy ok, but problem in this is that this not how games works. If game give you Tool- you use it. If you have great tool you use it. You don't need to ask yourself or game about use or not use it. This is that normal ppl called a wall or restriction. And this is not healthy for game.

I personaly don't mind existince of Karma Masta in game in his curent state (beat him already many times, if you have new units you can nuck him realy fast). I'm just tired of killing him for my friends )))

Friendly reminder : BF is supposed to be Strategic. - Right now it's just meta race =)

But you say one thig very correctly - challenge during a different meta.
    So they must bump all content to curent meta - too much work to do, but i will 100% love this, never happens ))
    Or just make old content acсeptable and focus on new stuff - this is that all normal games do.

About Avatar quest - i'am ok, have no problem on it - but as a content it's fails hard.
    You don't need any 4-7 stars in it, just place dream evo and destroy all 3 maps.
    Irony is that - yes they create content for 5-7 stars, problem - you have zero reasons for this.
    Just lvl you Avatar, lvl Element, place Dream Evo and you 100% ok =)
    If Idea was - to get people to use old units it's fails hard.
  4. NightLead

NightLead [7] Hero

Friend ID:
    Leader(s):
    Arthur,Corsette,Vivane,Baikan
    When you normally play a game you work with the game mechanics, acquire knowledge and going forward. Your friend will ask you mutch more often if you do it for him. He didnt learn anything when you do it. Next time write him what he must or can do. Better is to give him tips like the treshholds ore, by km the third phase ubb spamm tip. If he is strugle at KM mildran mechanics he wont be happy now. Expect when wer get Alza Masta and KM SZ. They need a high skill cap, or if we get ubb one round loop money and a little bit skillcap ;D.

About the costlimit quests. The costlimit quest was a adjustment at there release to make it more challanging. Take it how it is.

Over all, old content didnt must get adjust you must olny learn to adept to it.

Apdept to learn to win
    Amanda_ likes this.
  5. Mayar

Mayar [3] Experienced

The problem is that you right and as i said - ppl shoud learn from mistakes they made.
    But right now meta changed so much that old game content did not teach anything.

Imagine the situation that you do not know anything. You just learned about the game today and started to play it. You very quickly go through the whole story by clicking the auto button. You get a lot of free diamonds and call a lot of new units (which are much stronger than those that were before).

Then you reach him you just go and hit your head in the wall and do not understand what's going on. The problem is that the meta game has changed so much that you can not learn anything. The game provides you with characters that significantly exceed in strength all that was before. And you just can not learn anything, because what you have to teach and prepare is simply passed automatically.

I'm not trying to say that Carna is bad and he needs to be removed from the game. It just needs to be brought under the realities of today's meta. Or just let people go through it in a more relaxed environment and focus on a new content. Simply because now it does not look like a test, it looks like a bad game design.

For this reason, I like Vortex more, where you have easy tests, medium tests and difficult tests. You have something to learn and try. In the history mode, everything is just very bad, it exists in fact only in order to press the auto button.

About costlimit quests - again there no poblems in them, i beat Avenging Angel 120 cost limit quest by two units. The problem is that now it looks incredibly stupid and does not make any sense. Especially if it's viewed from the side of a person who is just that came into play. And the game provides the characters with a new meta. Most of them are 55-60 cost =)

"Apdept to learn to win" - I'm 100% for it by all hands, the problem is - that now it does not work anywhere except Vortex.
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
  6. Amanda_

Amanda_ [9] Master

this doesn't make sense.
    So because the game allow you to auto it doesn't mean it won't change at some point. To be clear, BF is supposed to work around team-building (it might be the reason why you can make up to 10 differents teams, chance their position in the squad,...), wich explain why Trials ans Stategy Zone focus on the Idea that you need to have differents units and KNOW WHEN TO USE THEM. KM was made by Alim, and the recent units by GUMI. You can't compare the content provided by both because they were intended with a differents meta in mind (content by Alim is in general easier with EX units, while EU content can be impossible without them).

Btw, Karma Masta is supposed to be one of the main antagonist, so it make sense that story-wise he is very different than the previuos foes. Also, he was doable with Way weaker units (probably the first Omni released) so now that he is easer thanks to more recent/powerful units, he should be nerfed, because he is too difficult ? If you want help to kill him, check the wiki. If you are affraid when you can't roll over every challenge, BF isn't for you. If Gumi change KM (they never did), he should be buffed, so that he is still a challenge even for today standarts.

As for Limited cost quest, It made sense at the time . See this as a form of "deal" : the donjeon won't be as hard as similiar donjeon without cost limit (basically it won't be as hard as the hardest donjeon at the time), but in exchange you can't go full power, and have to CHOOSE wich units to bring, balancing offense and defense.
    Then again, teambuilding is involved. The challenge was not made for new players, it was made for player that had the best units at that time .
  7. Mayar

Mayar [3] Experienced

I think you did not quite understand what I wanted to say. I'm not calling to reduce the complexity, I would be very happy if it was raised difficulty in all old content, but that's me, in order for the old content to have any meaning. It's just too much work and it's unlikely anyone will go for it. So I suggested a simpler solution.

"because he is too difficult ?" - nice joke, if you have new units his difficulty don't exist. I have chalange for you, if you think his difficult - how many UBB you can land in last wave, my record is 6 - just for fun =)))

All his complexity is knowing when and what he does. Otherwise, all new units are so strong that he can not do them any harm.
  8. Amanda_

Amanda_ [9] Master

You said that the only difficulty is knowing when to attack or not. So it's not the game fault if your friends can't understand basic infos (from the wiki, or even IN game, for exemple when KM don't attack, it might mean something). Guarding to avoid "death attack" has been a part of BF since trial n°2, when 6* didn't even exist.
    It's not the fault of the units (´cause powerfull units can't do the job alone), and the game use eswhere this mecanic, during challenges made by Alim and Gumi.

By the way, I used like 1UBB whith ophi and nuke him. Strategy Zone are more interesting for me, as Knowing when to swap your units is more strategic And fun.

"i'm not calling to reduce the complexity" , "Reduce the complexity of Mildran Karma Masta".....Sure.