3rd Year Anniversary | Artwork Contests - Your art in the game!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by gumi Elie, May 16, 2017.

1. gumi Elie

gumi Elie English Community Manager Staff Member

3rd Year Anniversary
    Artwork Contests - Your art in the game!

Summoners, the 3rd Year Anniversary is the perfect occasion to celebrate your passion for Brave Frontier RPG, which is why we're launching two exceptional art contests!

Contest #1 - Dungeon Background for The Convergence: YOUR ART IN THE GAME! That's right, YOU get to imagine where the epic final battle of The Convergence takes place!

Contest #2 - Create your Apex Hero! Our team has created 6 Apex Heroes, but the possibilities are endless. Show us how awesome your Apex Hero would be!

Early Participation Surprise - Share an impressive work in progress or final artwork before May 26 2017, 23:59 CEST for a chance to earn 25 Gems and be featured in a special event! Surprise us!
    Note: These are additional rewards that do not in any way affect final winners and their prizes.

Read all details below, and let your imagination go wild, Summoners!

Contest #1 - Dungeon Background for The Convergence
    Contest dates: May 16 2017, 17:30 CEST to June 4 2017, 10:00 CEST.

• Instructions

Draw the location of the final, epic, climactic battle of The Convergence, our 3rd Year Anniversary story.
    Only one artwork per participant.

YOUR ART IN THE GAME!
    The winning entry will be used by our Art team to create the final, in-game artwork for The Convergence's Story Finale!

Here are a few guidelines to know where to start:
    Story Climax - During The Convergence, you will visit many worlds that are being linked together through the Rift. For the end of the story, we expect to see the real impact the Convergence has had after disrupting everything.
    Rift Imagery - Drawing something related to the Rift can be about major disruptions, fragmented worlds, or maybe a new, darker place within the Rift itself. We're sure you have lots of other ideas!
    No Characters - Units standing in-game will be more than enough, please only focus on creating an impressive environment that can tell a story on its own.
    Background & Foreground - You must focus on two main aspects: Where your Units are standing, and what you can see in the horizon. Please respect the traditional composition of Brave Frontier RPG's dungeon backgrounds, as shown in these examples from The Rift and The Convergence's Chapter 1:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Rules & Requirements

Not respecting the Rules of Conduct of our forum, or any of the rules and requirements listed below, will disqualify your entry.

1. Your entry must primarily be a picture file with a minimum resolution of 1280x720 pixels (i.e. PNG, JPEG, PDF). Any kind of art style is accepted (i.e. pixel art, painting, hand drawn).
    2. Animations are not accepted (i.e. GIF, videos).
    3. Your entry must show an environment (background, foreground) without characters. Colors are optional.
    4. Your entry can't contain existing artwork from Brave Frontier RPG or sources other than your own.

• How do I participate?

Submit your artwork in the Participation Thread.
    Only ONE message/artwork per participant is allowed.

You are free to edit your message as many times as you like while the contest is ongoing!

CLICK HERE TO PARTICIPATE!

Submissions will end on June 4 2017, 10:00 CEST, after which winners will be elected and rewards distributed in the following weeks.​

Contest #2 - Create your Apex Hero
    Contest dates: May 16 2017, 17:30 CEST to June 12 2017, 10:00 CEST.

• Instructions

Draw your own Apex Hero, champion of one of the many worlds visited in Brave Frontier RPG.
    Only one artwork per participant.

Apex Heroes can be many things:
    Part of the lore already? - They may have been mentioned somewhere, but you can make them up.
    Related to others? - You can imagine daughters, fathers or cousins, but lonely strangers also work.
    Any world works? - If you've visited it in Brave Frontier RPG, your Apex Hero can come from there!
    Which timeline? - During the Convergence, past, present, future and alternate timelines are all the same.

Note: Your entry should be accompanied by a short description of who your Apex Hero is and which world they represent, in English if possible.

• Rules & Requirements

Not respecting the Rules of Conduct of our forum, or any of the rules and requirements listed below, will disqualify your entry.

1. Your entry must primarily be a picture file with a minimum resolution of 1280x720 pixels (i.e. PNG, JPEG, PDF). Any kind of art style is accepted (i.e. pixel art, painting, hand drawn).
    2. Animations are not accepted (i.e. GIF, videos).
    3. Your entry must show a brand new character, not existing as a Unit for Brave Frontier RPG.
    4. Your entry can't contain existing artwork from Brave Frontier RPG or sources other than your own.

• How do I participate?

Submit your artwork in the Participation Thread.
    Only ONE message/artwork per participant is allowed.

You are free to edit your message as many times as you like while the contest is ongoing!

CLICK HERE TO PARTICIPATE!

Submissions will end on June 12 2017, 10:00 CEST. after which winners will be elected and rewards distributed in the following weeks.​

Rewards

Early Participation Surprise
    Share an impressive work in progress or final artwork before May 26 2017, 23:59 CEST for a chance to earn 25 Gems and be featured in a special event! Surprise us!
    Note: These are additional rewards that do not in any way affect final winners and their prizes.

Prizes
    Each contest will have 3 winners, receiving the following:

1st Prize
    • Apex Hero of Choice + 150 Gems + 3 Dream Frog + 3 Robofrog :robofrog: + 3 Mystery Frog :mysteryfrog: + 5,000,000 Zel & Karma

2nd Prize
    • Apex Hero of Choice + 125 Gems + 2 Dream Frog + 2 Robofrog :robofrog: + 2 Mystery Frog :mysteryfrog: + 3,500,000 Zel & Karma

3rd Prize
    • Apex Hero of Choice + 100 Gems + 1 Dream Frog + 1 RoboFrog :robofrog: + 1 Mystery Frog :mysteryfrog: + 2,000,000 Zel & Karma​

We hope you'll enjoy these contests, Summoners!

We know we're very excited to see your creations, as always! Thank you for being so passionate about Brave Frontier RPG!

Good luck to all participants!

- The Brave Frontier RPG Team​
    stonebird likes this.
  2. Iteuop

Iteuop [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Gimu_Elie (O) level 1
    So far quite impressed by the WIP of @Sciado and @Copper !! Good luck guys!
    Poulpator, Copper and Sciado like this.
  3. Sciado

Sciado [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    510+
    Leader(s):
    SHIDA
    Thanks man! Is a battle between us ahah
    Iteuop likes this.
  4. Roleplayer

Roleplayer [7] Hero

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Lara
    what makes a apex hero different from a normal hero?
  5. Xaus

Xaus [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    with imgur; after u've uploaded your image, copy the direct link and paste in image button >image url here in the editor and you're done
  6. Mishikasei

Mishikasei Moderator of the Flowers

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Yoshino-chan and Mishi mod.
    Nah it's Shion and Lucy or Amadeus
    Can change lead by request, just ask me.
    @Kirito14 and @Xaus

Sorry for moving your messages here but since the thread where you wrote your messages earlier is for entrance only, I had to move them here.

Here you are free to ask since there is no restriction.

Cheers and good luck to both.
    Xaus likes this.
  7. stonebird

stonebird [9] Master

Friend ID:
    Level:
    410+
    Leader(s):
    En general Zelnite, Julia, Tilith, Arturo, Avant, Pluma, Ark...
    Such a shame I probably won't be able to participate in the contest... So many things going on right now, I don't have the time to sit and spend on my pencils :( And I've already thought about 3 different designs :sigh::sigh:
  8. Leonhart

Leonhart [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Leader(s):
    Millia(R)/Dizzy(A)/Rain(A)/Lucy(B)
    This is english subforum, right?
  9. Mishikasei

Mishikasei Moderator of the Flowers

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Yoshino-chan and Mishi mod.
    Nah it's Shion and Lucy or Amadeus
    Can change lead by request, just ask me.
    Yes but kinda questioning about where to put since he got a reply in english and mix.

Edit: Nevermind, better doing some cleaning. Let post of other languages stay in their proper language >.>

Now I can commit sudoku, cheers >.>
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Ylliana and Leonhart like this.
  10. Ylliana

Ylliana [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    (L) Lucy +20% xp
    (A) Sakura Miku
    (B) Arthur
    (A) Lancelot
    Don't worry for the mix of englsih/french. I used english because of the fact this is an english subforum, but used french also, since the asker didn't seem to get a single word of english.
    You did the right thing by moving all these directly to french subforum. Kudos !
  11. Iteuop

Iteuop [10] Legend

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Gimu_Elie (O) level 1
    He didn't seem to be able to use french really well also.... probably a very young player or something!
  12. Sky Knight Zazamus

Sky Knight Zazamus [8] Elite

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Whatever i feel like using
    @gumi Elie about how long is the Judgning session? will we find oit this or coming week?
  13. gumi Elie

gumi Elie English Community Manager Staff Member

It'll be next week! :)
  14. Rexion

Rexion [5] Veteran

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Cualquier omni
    When is the surprise event?
  15. Baerchen

Baerchen [7] Hero

That contest was so much better than the previous one!
    And it was so nice that the participation reward came on my birthday, such a nice surprise!
    Still didn't win though, buuut since there was twice the Same winner, the next one is way more likely to be someone else so yay i guess.
    Though i would like to know, there were spezial prizes for some works in progress, will it be announced who won there? Or are those prizes distributed silently?
  16. Poulpator

Poulpator [12] Almighty

Friend ID:
    Level:
    Leader(s):
    Lucy & Bogey, Lid, Rain, Migina, Plumatachi, Blink, Sesir, Jake, Fina, Kanon, Magena, Natalame... Demandez moi !
    There won't be any prize. The "reward" was to be featured in the last livestream (NicoNico live X BNC), may 27.
    Edit : sorry I forgot the 25 gems. There were 5 winers and I think they already got their reward, but they were not "announced", their arts were shown during the live.
  17. La Roca

La Roca Moderator of Holy Light

Friend ID:
    Level:
    +9000
    Leader(s):
    Arturo,Rozalia,Holia,Fina,Pluma,Gazolina,Azurai,Haile,....
    There is another thread opened with the winners
  18. Baerchen

Baerchen [7] Hero

Sooo? Where is the winner unit now? The shapeshifter season is here but the winner unit is not? What was the point of the contest then=(
  19. La Roca

La Roca Moderator of Holy Light

Friend ID:
    Level:
    +9000
    Leader(s):
    Arturo,Rozalia,Holia,Fina,Pluma,Gazolina,Azurai,Haile,....
    to discover some new artist that are playing?
    It was stated in the contest that no unit will be used ingame so....
  20. Baerchen

Baerchen [7] Hero

Really now? I thought it said they had a spot open that the winner will fill. Aww man...

Well when you read it again it does not say the unit wont be featured, was that something in the stream maybe? I should probably have watched that.

In contrary it says big in the beginning :your art in the game, so one would assume both contests are for being featured in the game, it doesnt say otherwise.
    Awww that is so dissapointing =(
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2017